Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mitsu robbing 3 design!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Lev
Default Mitsu robbing 3 design!

I was driving tonight and a car passed me which i thought was a 3 but wound up being a new lancer. The back looked almost identical to a 3's back. During the day you dont notice it as much but at night, the tailight looks similar and the reflecter strips on the bottom of the bumper look similar.I'm upset because car companies saw how popular the 3 was and now they are ripping off the design. The car is unique and that is what attracted me to it. I dont want people to get it confused with a lancer! I just wanted to tell you guys that mitsu wants to be mazda.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mitsu robbing 3 design!

Hey. If ppl start asking you if it's a Lancer, justsay, "No. It'sis a new EVO!!"

Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Lev

I wont complain if they get it confused with an evo. lol

Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 AM

this happens regularaly in the auto industry. the redesigned camry has very similar looks to the mazda models in the front

Old 09-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

I said exactly that same thing on another forum and was told I was crazy!

I agree w/you completely. While a lot uglier (imo) than the 3, whenever I see one of those "things" from a distance, I have to look hard to see that it is not another 3.I hate 'em myself and think that Toyota got it wrong, wrong, wrong. I hate the high mounted badge on that grill. It makes the car look like it's trying to be a bull.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 AM

I said exactly that same thing on another forum and was told I was crazy!

I agree w/you completely. While a lot uglier (imo) than the 3, whenever I see one of those "things" from a distance, I have to look hard to see that it is not another 3.I hate 'em myself and think that Toyota got it wrong, wrong, wrong. I hate the high mounted badge on that grill. It makes the car look like it's trying to be a bull.

i thought i was the only one that thought that!! haha!

Old 09-13-2007, 02:39 PM

nah man i also thought that. cuz about a month b ack my dad was lookin at new cars and i noticed that as well that the camrys and the mazdas have the same front. and even when i see one i look at it and was like HMMMMMM that looks like my front end

Old 09-13-2007, 07:51 PM

=~=

I wouldn't go as far as saying it is a 3. The lancer lights are MUCH higher as are the reflectors. You must not know your car if you thought that.

Either way mitsu's are usually bad cars, though the front is robbed from Volvo and I LOVE the aggressive Volvo look.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:19 PM

1) Drac, is that a picture of your car, with Pi on the back?

2) I thinkthe Lancerdoes lookgenerallysimilar from the back.With theside by side pics (thanks for them, BTW) you can see the differences, but the bumper, the reflector-style tail lights, the wide license plate area, definitely there is some ripping off happening. The big-spoke-look aluminum wheels are also very Mazda3ish. And the antenna on the roof just above the back window!

3) Speaking of rip offs, though,I have tosay the M3 hasa very similarshape and size as the current BMW 3 series. When I see the 3 series beamer from the side, I often mistake it for an M3 until I look more closely.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

1) Drac, is that a picture of your car, with Pi on the back?

2) I thinkthe Lancerdoes lookgenerallysimilar from the back.With theside by side pics (thanks for them, BTW) you can see the differences, but the bumper, the reflector-style tail lights, the wide license plate area, definitely there is some ripping off happening. The big-spoke-look aluminum wheels are also very Mazda3ish. And the antenna on the roof just above the back window!

3) Speaking of rip offs, though,I have tosay the M3 hasa very similarshape and size as the current BMW 3 series. When I see the 3 series beamer from the side, I often mistake it for an M3 until I look more closely.

lol thats funny with the pi on the back. and BMW i think should be allowed... after all we stole the M3 from them lol. truthfull i just think that every car wants to be just like a mazda3

Quick Reply: Mitsu robbing 3 design!