Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

with my 07 m3

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Default with my 07 m3

ya my radio shorted out and sent a current to my computer is there a way to manualy reset the computer so i dont have to pay to get mazda to do it?

Old 09-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: with my 07 m3

And this comesfrom..... ??? (Out of nowhere?)
A new thread for this?

OK, 'sorry for giving you a hard time, butthe problemyou are describing has no history connected to it, that I am aware of, and now (as I read your statement) seems tobe in Mazda'shands. So... I'm confused, Man?

Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM

An 07 Mazda3 has this wonderful thing called "warranty" and anything that F's up it's free to fix.

I could be mistaken though in this new day and age about warranties...but I thought they still exsist

Old 09-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Well, Drac, that's debatable too.
The warranty can help suck you in, but just try to get them to admit fault and fix the problem.
I've thought for a while now that warranties in this day and age, especially EXTENDED warranties are POS and not worth the $$$. No one is embarressed by turning you away w/a bad taste in your mouth anymore. They'll give lip service, sure, but no one really cares to do a good job. You'd think they were all from Egypt. (d'Nile, d'Nile, d'Nile.)

Old 09-18-2007, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Well, Drac, that's debatable too.
The warranty can help suck you in, but just try to get them to admit fault and fix the problem.
I've thought for a while now that warranties in this day and age, especially EXTENDED warranties are POS and not worth the $$$. No one is embarressed by turning you away w/a bad taste in your mouth anymore. They'll give lip service, sure, but no one really cares to do a good job. You'd think they were all from Egypt. (d'Nile, d'Nile, d'Nile.)

wish i knew that before i got the extended warranty for my car.... would they just give one a hard time with the extende warranty or they they wouldnt bother honoring it at all?

Old 09-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Didn't you readthestory I posted somewhere about my friend w/the '04 3 HB? He blewan inner CV joint, but Mazda wouldn't fix it because he painted his calipers. That's the short version, of course, but haveyou ever heard of anything more ridiculous in your life?
It's been my experience, both in and out of the business, that they will try everything they can to blame it on the owner just to keep from having to pay up. It's a form of paranoia, I think. "Gee, if we do that for one of our customers, we may have an epidemic on our hands and everyone will want the same treatment!! It'll be chaos!!!" And to an extent, they may right too, at least in this country.
But to me it's a matter of taking pride in one's work, one's product. Pride has been usurped by money, greed and power.

And thus endeth the lecture according to V1 for the day.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:40 PM

yea i remmber that... i rembmer u said that he appealed to the mazda macho man or watever, lol. the guy took the side of the dealership. after all that couldn't he just SUE mazda? he has common sense on his side. doesnt that mean nething?!?!?!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:18 PM

That's why I don't do anything aftermarket on my car.

I read the fineprint. If you do anything to your car without their written consent or them doing it you mess with your warranty.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

BOORRRRRING!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:02 PM

lol.. i installed aftermarket HIDs into my car so my electrical warranty is basically voided.. unless of course i change it back without telling ne1.. muahaha.. hey if they screw with u, u have every right to screw with them back. am i right?