Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Navigation/Infotainment System Rebooting

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 11:11 AM
Default Navigation/Infotainment System Rebooting

So recently I have been having issues with the Infotainment center in my 2015 Mazda 3. Mazda recently replaced the entire system probably in November/December 2020 because of known issues with the touch screen. They replaced this at no cost. However, the last 2 months (approximately) the entire system constantly reboots about every minute. When I purchased my car in September 2015 whenever it was below 0 degrees Celsius it would reboot every so often but once the car warmed up it was fine.

So anyways, Mazda looked at my car today to figure out the issue with the infotainment system. They state the Navigation card has a corrupt file on it, which is causing the issue and because the SD card is locked, they can’t actually fix it. They gave me two options:
  1. Purchase an “Android Auto Apple Car Play” for $443 plus tax. This would use Google Maps; OR
  2. Purchase “Navigation Only” for $475 plus tax.
I assume there is a way to download my own ‘navigation system’ or to resolve the issue with the one I have. Seems a bit unreal to pay that much to replace one little corrupt file. Does anyone know a way to download a navigation system to replace and/or fix the issue with Mazda’s? Or is there a cheaper place to purchase a new SD card with the navigation system that works?

Old 02-18-2021, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Search Amazon & Ebay for a NEW SD card.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:58 PM
Angry

Yes, Amazon will definitely be the way to go.

To give everyone an update/caution future Mazda owners:

Mazda Canada spoke to me today and advised me they cannot do anything for me because I am outside of my warranty. What I find absolutely, ridiculous is this: I complained about my infotainment center rebooting the very FIRST winter I had my vehicle. Yes, they did updates to the navigation system and advised me that it is a known issue with Mazda, that they constantly reboot in cold weather. Mazda Canada advised me that it was not documented this way and even though my SD card matches to the ones identified as manufactured with improper hardware there is nothing they can do for me because it’s past my warranty... even though I complained about this issue from the first winter I had with the vehicle and shouldn't matter if it's past the warranty.

The bigger issue is the plain fact that they are ok with selling defective hardware. So, from my understanding, Mazda Canada has no issue with selling vehicles with defective hardware. I continuously asked to speak to a Supervisor and the individual I spoke to adamantly refused to transfer my call claiming she has no reason to and she disconnected my call.

Mazda Canada is all about being hands-free for safety yet, they pretty much told me they don’t care and it’s my issue.

Mazda will tell you that in order to resolve this issue (with their known defective hardware) you must purchase their new SD card for $473 or Android Apple car play for $443. Save your money and purchase one on Amazon for $50. They’re the exact same thing.

If you’re considering purchasing a Mazda, I encourage you to think again.

Technical Service Bulletin #09-001/18 dated 01/08/2018 stating SD cards manufactured with improper hardware. My car and SD card is listed MC-10129565-9999.pdf

I am extremely livid with Mazda and have no desire to ever purchase another one again.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:59 AM

There have been posts about the infotainment system rebooting when cold. The fix is to clean the contacts on the SD card.

I haven’t tried this myself, but it sounds like a good thing to try before buying a new SD card.

By the way, they should be about $50.00 on Amazon.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:22 AM
Angry I am having this problem but not in cold I live in hot weather

Hello! I am in Puerto Rico and having the exact same problem but we have super hot weather all year. My Entertainment system keeps reeboting and I have been having the same problem for months. I am worried if this si fixable or Im simply stuck with a 2017 practically new car that does not work properly.
My first and last Mazda vehicle ever.

Old 06-29-2022, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by kherbert
So recently I have been having issues with the Infotainment center in my 2015 Mazda 3. Mazda recently replaced the entire system probably in November/December 2020 because of known issues with the touch screen. They replaced this at no cost. However, the last 2 months (approximately) the entire system constantly reboots about every minute. When I purchased my car in September 2015 whenever it was below 0 degrees Celsius it would reboot every so often but once the car warmed up it was fine.

So anyways, Mazda looked at my car today to figure out the issue with the infotainment system. They state the Navigation card has a corrupt file on it, which is causing the issue and because the SD card is locked, they can’t actually fix it. They gave me two options:
  1. Purchase an “Android Auto Apple Car Play” for $443 plus tax. This would use Google Maps; OR
  2. Purchase “Navigation Only” for $475 plus tax.
I assume there is a way to download my own ‘navigation system’ or to resolve the issue with the one I have. Seems a bit unreal to pay that much to replace one little corrupt file. Does anyone know a way to download a navigation system to replace and/or fix the issue with Mazda’s? Or is there a cheaper place to purchase a new SD card with the navigation system that works?
Hi , I can recommend this site https://navi-world.com/
I bought here for my both Mazda cars - for my and for my wife. We are more than happy with it. I have CX-5 and my wife has mazda3

Old 06-29-2022, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by lirodriguezortega787
Hello! I am in Puerto Rico and having the exact same problem but we have super hot weather all year. My Entertainment system keeps reeboting and I have been having the same problem for months. I am worried if this si fixable or Im simply stuck with a 2017 practically new car that does not work properly.
My first and last Mazda vehicle ever.
Hi you can check https://navi-world.com/
I can recommend it for sure

Old 08-04-2022, 06:21 AM

I haven’t tried this myself, but it sounds like a good thing to try before buying a new SD card.

Last edited by marcomurabia; 08-04-2022 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Anddron
Hi , I can recommend this site https://navi-world.com/
I bought here for my both Mazda cars - for my and for my wife. We are more than happy with it. I have CX-5 and my wife has mazda3
I never went through with purchasing a new SD card or Google/Apple CarPlay and the issue obviously still remains. I’m going to have a longer commute soon and I don’t want to deal with the constant rebooting.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a new 2015 Mazda 3 navigation SD card anywhere (Amazon, eBay or Navi-World). Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find one? If I purchased Google or Apple CarPlay, will it automatically fix the rebooting issue and give me navigation, radio, USB options?

Old 11-05-2023, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

If you remove the SD card and drive the car without the SD card fitted, do you have any issues with the infotainment system?