Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

need help ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Exclamation need help ASAP!!!

hi, i have a 05 mazda 3 2.0L i have began to start my turbo project and i ran into a problem i need to find head gasket spacer for it, because im going to run min 10 p.s.i boost so i need the spacer so that it will lower my compression rating to prevent engine damage so if anyone knows where to get one please tell. THANK YOU!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:35 PM

Never heard of a headgasket spacer, http://protegegarage.com/1640-product-1640.html, should be the same, contact the site owner about it though, gl with your project.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

'Old school method was to use two head gaskets back-to-back.

($100!!! FOR A HEAD GASKET??? You've got to be kidding me.)

Last edited by virgin1; 07-07-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 PM

its the only brand that makes one thats better than OEM, my friend was gonna sell me one he got from Titan its rated for race applications, i tried going on the website but i cant out where the listing is.

In any case doubling up the gaskets does not work as well with these cars as lets say a Honda or some old school car that can actually take some abuse w/o crying (throwing a cel)

Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tracker
... In any case doubling up the gaskets does not work as well with these cars as lets say a Honda or some old school car that can actually take some abuse w/o crying (throwing a cel)

No, with the engine design, e.g. steel sleeved cylinders, and aluminum block and head, I wouldn't recommend trying the double gasket either. It might do more harm than good over time. Or it might not work (leak) at all. I was speaking of cast iron block and heads w/integral cylinders. I was only using it as an example and don't recommend trying it here.
Someone has got to make a thicker head gasket that doesn't cost $100? What about Tri-Point or HiBoost? They both offer turbo kits, perhaps they have an alternative to lower compression pistons for those that don't want to run insane boost pressures?
A Focus hg should work as well, shouldn't it Travis? Maybe searching that way would offer some alternative results.
I don't know as I haven't looked myself. But a little research might prove interesting?

Old 07-10-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1

No, with the engine design, e.g. steel sleeved cylinders, and aluminum block and head, I wouldn't recommend trying the double gasket either. It might do more harm than good over time. Or it might not work (leak) at all. I was speaking of cast iron block and heads w/integral cylinders. I was only using it as an example and don't recommend trying it here.
Someone has got to make a thicker head gasket that doesn't cost $100? What about Tri-Point or HiBoost? They both offer turbo kits, perhaps they have an alternative to lower compression pistons for those that don't want to run insane boost pressures?
A Focus hg should work as well, shouldn't it Travis? Maybe searching that way would offer some alternative results.
I don't know as I haven't looked myself. But a little research might prove interesting?

Yea i was making a stab at the newer cars, but i know that doubling the gaskets is not the way to go in any motor that the block and head are made of two diff metals.

The Titan gasket i was speaking of i believe is a thinker gasket but is more than $100 new, and again no the focus parts, the gasket wont fit because of the diff head design. Dont even mention Hiboost, they have been out of the game for 2 years now due to extremely poor customer service, and having customers waiting for 6 months for parts even after paying for them. Tri-point may have a thicker gasket but you would have to call and ask, in case you didnt know the compression ratio on a 2.0l is 10:1 so a thicker gasket may only bump you down to 9.8:1, and too me its not worth it.