Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

need help syncing iphone

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Default need help syncing iphone

I have successfully synced my iphone for audio. However, I'm having trouble with the hands free. I can call someone with my phone and talk using the car, but I can't make calls with the car. It's telling me my phonebook is empty. How do I get it to recognize my phonebook so I can just say a name to dial?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I wish I could help but since I haven't been able to play with a '10 model I have absolutely no idea. I'm also jealous of you having integrated BT.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Don't know if it is the Same as with my Mustang, but I had to re-download my contacts and my Blackberry was asking for permission every time to make a call so I had to check off it was OK not to ask every time and it has been working fine since

Old 04-07-2010, 08:32 PM

I had a '10, amazingly there is no mass phone book transfer to the car that I am aware of. You can do them one by one though but the process is tedious. Read the manual. Also, if I recall, the car allows you to tag a contact with a spoken name, but when someone calls all it shows on the display is their phone number and says the name, no text name. Very disappointing. Most BT equipped cars these days would perform an auto-download of your phonebook to the car upon pairing, then show the text name of the contact on a display when making or receiving calls, so I feel your pain.

Last edited by Mark56; 04-07-2010 at 08:39 PM.