Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Default RE: New Member

mazda guy,

did some looking around on the internet, went to edmunds and stuff...the 3 is built in Japan

Old 02-23-2006, 03:45 PM

yeah its built in Japan but its under Fords name, so you can say this its a domestic on the outside but a import on the inside, and its whats on the inside that counts

Old 02-23-2006, 04:44 PM

i pretty much figured the engine parts wuld be interchangable, cuz i dont think companies would b willing to change engines simply because its a hatch or sedan but the tailend would have different bends in it....and i hate Fixed. Or. Repaired. Dailys. so i refuse to admit im a domestic....it drives a shiver thru my very bones its just a matter of time before mazda buys themselves out or sumone buys FORD and im pretty sure the mazda branch of the company is based in japan so its foreign to me!

Old 02-23-2006, 04:50 PM

thanks for the info

Old 02-23-2006, 05:31 PM

The Mazda is definitely an import car, made in Japan, I believe the only thing it shares with Ford is the chassis, which it also shares with Volvo. In the Ford ranger, in earlier years, they did use the Mazda engine, not Ford, because of the reliability and all around betterness(not a word, i know) of it compared to Ford. Hopefully with the way sales are going on the Mazda line, they can get the money to buy themselves out of Ford and be independent and continue to make quality cars. everyone that I have talked to about the Mazda, does not associate it with Ford, unless you talk about the truck or the Tribute.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:56 PM

Is there any difference in parts from different years though? as in can i take an intake from an '04 and put it into my '06?

Old 02-23-2006, 11:13 PM

funny cuz everybody that i talk to says that im a domestic, they feel sorry for me

Old 02-24-2006, 12:36 AM

Tell them to look on your door jamb, it says "Manufactured in Japan" right there, at least mine does. I looked at it this afternoon, I was surprised to see the assembled date of 07/05 and I purchased in 09/05, that seems pretty quick to get a car on a boat, then onto a train, then onta a truck to get to the dealer, but whatever. when I purchased it was in the back of the dealership, just sitting there, dirty as hell and no one had driven it, it had 2 miles. Anyway, I see no Ford parts on my car when i look under the hood at all, only genuine Mazda...ahh the Japanese make a great car. I will support USA when we can build a decent car.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:24 AM

dont think there is a difference between the 04 intakes and the 06's

Old 02-24-2006, 04:13 AM

hey if we are recognized as domestic, then i feel sorry for everyone who owns a mazda, especially myself and i'll call mazda a "phony A BIG FAT PHONY!"

Quick Reply: New Member