Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New owner.. a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Default New owner.. a few questions

I'm a proud 2006 Mazda 3 5-door owner as of yesterday. I absolutely love this car!
I've always been a die hard American car guy (my last car was a Firebird). I could no longer justify
buying any of the other cars (all American) that I test drove after driving the Mazda 3.. it's just better
in every way. I'm now a believer

There are 3 things on my car that I have questions about. I didn't test drive this particular car, but I didn't
notice these things on the one that I drove a couple of weeks ago. They are fairly nit picky things, but I think
that a new car should be about perfect. I'll go back to the dealer for these things, but I would like to hear opinions if
these things are normal or not. Any advice/comments are extremely appreciated.

1. Brake pedal play. When releasing the brake pedal, I get a slight clunking sound. Grabbing the pedal by hand,
I can pull it up (toward the driver) about 1/4" to 1/2". The noise is apparent when releasing the brake, and I'm sure I
would have noticed this on the test drive.

2. Engine shudder when shifting out of park. Doesn't do it all of the time, but sometimes when I shift out of park into reverse,
the engine idle drops as if the engine is going to stall and then picks back up. This causes a mild shake of the whole car.

3. "Noisy" brake-shift lever solenoid. I'm guessing that there is some sort of solenoid that prevents you from shifting out of park
unless the brake is depressed. I can clearly hear mine click when I press the brake. This is probably a nit pick item.

Thanks for the help!

-Mike

Old 03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Default RE: New owner.. a few questions

Yes we have converted anotherone, but as for your problems i dont know about the brake pedal, but as for the shaking and stuff like that it seems to me you accordian hose, or a few others my have leaks in em but id just say save time and take it back your car is stil under warrenty.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:54 PM

i think it laughable when you think of the other cars that are in the Mazda 3 class. You can't even compare them. Chevy has the cavalier. Ponitac has the sunfire. Honda has civic. Ha ha.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Lev

When I press the brake to get out of park it makes a clunk noise also and i think its normal because the car is a mazda not a luxury car. i wouldnt worry about that, you will get used to it.