Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

No lights/singals or A/C after battery change

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 04:31 PM
Default No lights/singals or A/C after battery change

Hello, I have a 2016 Mazda 3. The battery wasnt holding a charge if it sat for more then a two days so got a new one. After replacing the battery and charging it for a few hours on a Friday, it started having some odd behavior when started. At first start I noticed the parking brake and washer fluid indicators were on and the running lights indicator and ignition button was in a slow flash. The air conditioner would not turn on (no lights or sounds whatsoever). I didnt notice right away that the running lights, head lights, fogs lights, and blinkers were not working. I checked all the fuses which were all fine. I pulled the negative terminal and let it sit for an hour. After putting it back the car started fine with no problems indicated and everything worked as normal.

The annoying part is it happened the following Tuesday (today) again. Only thing checked so far is the battery level off and running and they are normal.

Anyone happen to know what those series of indicators allude to? Would hate to take it in to the shop for a few hundred if it is something simple. Thanks