Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

No Need to Do a Transmission Fluid Change or Flush

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Heard. And thank you.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Luna369
I know this thread is old af and y'all are probably going to hate on me for reviving it, but it came up in my Google search so I guess Google feels it's still relevant. That said...

No offense bro, but your cred. is worthless after you just posted like 4 or 5 posts telling the OP & people in general to use the Valvoline stuff, practically swearing by it, even after the other guy begged you not to and tried telling you what's good. And then you come back & denounce everything you said (hopefully people read every response and not just your first 3) and say to use some other kind of tranny fluid. Not only that, but you didn't even give the other guy any credit for clueing you in to what's what, instead you just said "after doing some research" and "no long drawn out response to as why". LMFAO.

Or am I missing a page 3 on this thread?
frfr, the mods should just delete this whole thread altogether.
Who is this idiot? almost 300k and trans shifts like butter. Idemitsu is the correct fluid. U must be a miserable loser.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Shindaiwa
Who is this idiot? almost 300k and trans shifts like butter. Idemitsu is the correct fluid. U must be a miserable loser.
Wow you have returned with a vengeance. LOL
That member is new and really, I would not have gone off and lowered myself to name calling. LOL

n yes you do need to do 2 or 3 drain n refills after replacing the strainer so that you get all the old fluid out. pop out the drain plug and refill it. It usually takes about 3.5 qts each time.
The dilution factor is a MYTH and it does not work as you and some doing the same procedure think. When you add new fluid to old it does mix and therefore *contaminate (*to use that descriptive word) the new fluid. This can be seen easily with oil analysis. On forums that people say it works are only going by the color of the fluid and not by empirical data that come from an oil analysis.

This would have me worried; a transmission should have firm shift not shifts like "BUTTER". Even Cadilac shift firmly, and you know when you are in at least the 1,2,3rd lower gears. In a Mazda if you throttle up the shifts need to be firm otherwise it is the same a riding the clutch on a manual transmission and that wears out the clutch disc. In Mazda as well most production automatics there are still friction disc.

Last edited by Callisto; 02-16-2022 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:42 AM

Who is this idiot?
Idk, u tell me. So which is it then, Maxlife or Idemitsu?

Anyway, it doesn't even matter cuz y'all are talking about automatic transmissions, correct?

Old 04-24-2022, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Playing Devil's advocate here; please enlighten us regarding the mechanism which causes synthetic ATF to break down over time.
If the oil doesn't breakdown tell me why when i drained my oil out the old oil was almost pitch black in color and after changing it the transmissions shifts and feels smoother? "what mechanism causes it to breakdown" lol the heat and the fact it is cycling through the transmission nonstop getting clamped against the clutches etc is going to break it down over time.

Old 04-24-2022, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Luna369
I know this thread is old af and y'all are probably going to hate on me for reviving it, but it came up in my Google search so I guess Google feels it's still relevant. That said...

No offense bro, but your cred. is worthless after you just posted like 4 or 5 posts telling the OP & people in general to use the Valvoline stuff, practically swearing by it, even after the other guy begged you not to and tried telling you what's good. And then you come back & denounce everything you said (hopefully people read every response and not just your first 3) and say to use some other kind of tranny fluid. Not only that, but you didn't even give the other guy any credit for clueing you in to what's what, instead you just said "after doing some research" and "no long drawn out response to as why". LMFAO.

Or am I missing a page 3 on this thread?
frfr, the mods should just delete this whole thread altogether.
I agree with you, this guy went from saying there's nothing wrong with the maxlife after using it for like 50k to then saying "actually i think it wasn't that good" but you just said it was good for 50k miles??