Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Default RE: Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter

I got mine in a couple days ago. They look wicked! People compliment me on them all the time, not to mention stare at the car, then me. God, I love the attention......

Old 01-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I did it!! My camera started giving out (low battery warning,) but I have some pictures of how I wired and installed them.
I found an empty, switched power supply in the fuse panel under the hood, but what I didn"t know until now is that it"s timed!! After the key is shut off, the LEDs stay on for 7-10 secs afterward, then they shut off.
Pretty cool!!
It was kind of a PITA to do it the way I did. Lots of splicing and soldering, but I like the outcome. You"ll see.

Now about those cops... I just know at some point the local yokels (i.e. bored, overzealous cops) are going to pull me over to find out what"s going on. They are rather blue looking even though I ordered the white. I know those that were pulled over for the LED washer jets popular a few yrs ago, no matter what color they were.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Here in Lafayette, you can't have any forward or rear facing red or blue lights, but you can have any color underneath. I've been running my eyebrows ever since I put them on without my headlights and have not been bothered yet. County, city and state police look, and then a second later look away. They honestly couldn't care less, or at least that's my observation. I ordered the white ones too, and they appear white to me.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Here"s a taste (done quickly.) I"m hoping to do a whole write-up later, but we"ll see.

Name:  IMG_1645-1-1.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1651-1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  18.6 KB

Old 01-08-2009, 02:46 PM

Pretty sick! Where did you find em?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

I'm a geaneous, dontcha" know? Isaw these LED strips and came up with the idea all by myself!!

Actually, there was a GB started by a member of M3F.com (Wildisme02)and he sold them. I give him a lot of credit for taking the chance he did to do that too.Heplayed it pretty carefully, but could"ve gotten royally screwed.
He is not planning to doit again, but the good news is that I found a supplier that offers several different kinds of strips in various lengths.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:41 PM

we got them from a group buy on mazda3forums.com. they, as far as i know, aren't doing another GB for these.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:06 PM

Wow, I was just a couple minutes too slow....Good explaination though Richard, very good.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:15 PM

i hope to be doin that as soon as i get my other problems fixed, ive seen this all over the other mazzy forums and all look sick esp on the speed3's

Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM

Take the eyebrows, throw in 6000k lows, 3000k fogs, and 2500k highs.....That would be me! Haha, they look really good, IMHO. I mean they have to be to get the looks that I get EVERY NIGHT. I think a lot of it has to do with the color of the car too, and these don't look bad with Lava Orange. I'll get some pics of mine up with my lows and fogs when I get some batteries......

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter