Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Paint Protector - Worth it or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:18 AM
KC
Default Paint Protector - Worth it or Not?

Hi I just bought a brand new Mazda 3 last week and i was told by the dealer that it's worth paying an additional $750 for a paint protector.

I'm not sure if this is a worthwhile investment or if it is just a way of getting more money out of me.

It has a 6 year warantee and if my paint job is damaged by tree sap, bird poo etc they will re spray the car if they cannot fix the paint damage (or so they claim). i haven't read the fine print on their warantee just yet.

Anyway just wondering if any one has or hasn't got it done and whether they think its worth it.

thanks

Old 03-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Default RE: Paint Protector - Worth it or Not?

well if it covers scratches and parts that have to be replaced and repainted then hellz ya, but other than that no that money could go towards a lot better things.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:04 AM

very true, scratches are going to be a given when driving on a road... if the protection plan consists of fixing scratches as well as what else you have mentioned, then that would be a good plan... I didn't feel the need to get the paint protection because I religiously wash my vehicle.

what I am going to invest in is the underbody protectant. that's not through mazda... at least i dont think they offer that. I don't want my car rusting out and this helps prevent that.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:15 AM

have you seen the underbody of our car, it like weird the stuff protecting it looks like foil, and you can see all the hoses and wires and the brake lines are not that well protected especially for the car being so low stock

Old 03-17-2006, 01:16 AM
KC

No, scratches are not covered under that warantee you have to pay additional $$$ for that protection. And that scratch policy is only for a year.

Only damage from acid rain, bird poo, tree sap etc. are covered. I think if i wash my car regularly it should be fine.

Thanks for your feedback

Old 03-17-2006, 01:18 AM

man for $700 you can but over priced exhust system *cough* magnaflow *cough*

Old 03-17-2006, 02:12 AM

i dont think i was offered any paint protection when I purchased my car, but as long you wash it, you should be ok. since it does not cover scratches, its not a good deal. but they would not be dumb enough to make it cover scratches from driving, cause they would be painting cars every week.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:12 AM

yeah just keep it clean and you should be fine

Old 03-18-2006, 03:35 AM

yeah, unfortunately people feel safe purchasing this protection plan but they don't realize how limited the protection actually is until they go into the dealeship and the employees deny them.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:44 PM

my mom was about to be one of those people b4 i stopped her and suggested otherwise

Quick Reply: Paint Protector - Worth it or Not?