Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Please give me feedback on Carbon Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Default Please give me feedback on Carbon Hoods

anyone have a carbon fiber hood? Is it worth the money and do u have to use hood pins?
I have to get this hood fixed and the a__hole dealer wont honer the warranty. screw them.. I hate them. I cant stand those bitches.
I think I have issues here.. but anyway, I'll fix the problem myself by replacing the hood.

[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Default RE: Please give me feedback on Carbon Hoods

carbon fiber hoods look ugly IMO but if its cheaper to get one rather then get the regular hood go for it!

Old 02-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

IMO, if you have the sedan (it's been so long, I don't remember what you drive) it could look good w/a CF hood. The hatch doesn't 'cause of the part of it that comes down past and around the grill. I've seen a few and frankly, it looks stupid. 'Course you could alwaysget the sides painted to match the car and leave the middle CF?
I know someone w/a CF on a red P5 and I think it looks great!!

His only issue that I know of is how to prop it up and I'm surea little creativity would solve that. You can even install the gas struts like I have on a CF if you wanted to.
No, as you can see he doesn't need hood pins.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 PM

Yeah I used to think those were cool years ago butnow I think they look stupid. Unless people know it's carbon fiber or even care, they'll think you have an unpainted hood or could only get one in black and not the color of your car (unless of course it's black!). Not a fan.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:21 PM

they would look good and are a bit lighter than reg hood so you will save some wieght and IMO it will look nice on a white or red sedan other than that it woudnt be a good idea.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

They blend in nicely on black cars too... and afterall, only other car guys/people are gonna notice anyway. Whothehell cares what the other morons (regular people) think?

Old 02-08-2008, 03:27 PM

I guess if you're after the modded look, they're cool. Around here I'd rather stay under the radar, as we have too many teenage punks lookin for cars that clearly aren't stock anything and it's a magnet for someone to break inorvandalize your car. Plus there's somethin to be said for pulling up next to nice cars that think you're driving stock, then smoking them incognito!

Old 02-08-2008, 04:11 PM

East, I like the way they look especially on a black car but they are pricey.

I think because I have some scratches as well that I might do the CARBON FIBER vinyl. Any one see that as of yet ??

Old 02-08-2008, 10:33 PM

havn't seen carbon fiber vinyl yet but what my common sense tells me it'd prob peel off, sun, rain and what not. Carbon fiber hood your looking at roughly $500 with shipping.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:11 AM

I agree that on some colors the hood can look badddddd.. but my 3 is red and has black on it now, tires, bide rack, trim pieces so i think the carbon hood will look pretty good and not like primer paint. And the 07 red is so freakin bright a little black will tone it down. I would already have one on there if i had $600 to blow. I really need to know if you have to use hood pins, which i hate. some sites say they are needed and others dont. but its the same hood. I dont want the hood blowing back on the windshield going down I95

later east
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Please give me feedback on Carbon Hoods