Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

pls help. what do i need

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:57 AM
Default RE: pls help. what do i need

i wont do the mods now coz im just getting it this saturday i got the M3 GT basically the next one down from the MS3. im planning to do it close to when my lease is done. im planning to bring it to about 300hp i think. do i have to rplace the crankshaft, pistons, cam shaft, pulleys on it? or do i leave it stock and just modify the suspension, headers, exhaust, fuel pump, fuel injectors, brakes, ECU. this is all related if i put a turbo on it. and oh yeah whats a good turbo to put on it i found this bolt on one http://mazda3online.web.aplus.net/pr...roducts_id=121 id appreciate it if anybody could help me out. thanx

Old 02-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Default advice

is it advisable to put struts on my M3 without changing the suspension? just thinking if it might make it better as it is or just make it worse if i dont change the springs on it

Old 02-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Default RE: advice

I'd change springs before struts (I've been running my stock struts until they wear out, but I've got a set of Mazdaspeed ones in my garage waiting for me to have some free time.)

If you want ~300 hp, you shouldn't really need to change much, but again, take a look at all of the extras that the Speed3 has and when you want to turbo, you may be better off buying a used Speed3. You'll have some serious traction problems off the line without the limited slip diff (although plenty of people out there are in that situation.)

From what I hear, the hiboost kit is about as bolt-on as you can get for a turbo. (also includes all of hte electronics needed to run thefuel injection) Some of the questions you are asking leads me to believe you've never worked with a turbo before.....Unless you are an expert in turbocharging & fuel mapping, don't try to piece together your own kit,that's like reinventing the wheel. Also, you get what you pay for, the cheapest kit is most likely not the best.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: choxxx

i wont do the mods now coz im just getting it this saturday i got the M3 GT basically the next one down from the MS3. im planning to do it close to when my lease is done. im planning to bring it to about 300hp i think. do i have to rplace the crankshaft, pistons, cam shaft, pulleys on it? or do i leave it stock and just modify the suspension, headers, exhaust, fuel pump, fuel injectors, brakes, ECU. this is all related if i put a turbo on it. and oh yeah whats a good turbo to put on it i found this bolt on one http://mazda3online.web.aplus.net/pr...roducts_id=121 id appreciate it if anybody could help me out. thanx
That's the hiboost kit.....Probably the best way to go from what I've seen. It is a complete kit.

Again, even with the hiboost kit, if you are a novice in working on cars, get someone with experience to help you with the install. You can SERIOUSLY destroy your engine if you don't do the install correct.

If you haven't picked up the car yet, seriously look at the Speed3 (base model)...you'll save yourself $$$ and will have a much better platform to start from.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:13 PM

thanx for the help guys. no i already had the M3 basically. i traded my '05 Corolla thati leased and Mazda bought it out. you got to remember im in Canada MS3 starts at 30K. and no i havent worked on turbos yet im planning to have someone put it on for me. i wouldnt want to wreck my car down the road.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:08 PM

Ok first your gonna need to get the Hiboost turbo kit and get the "premium" package which includes either a T3/T4 turbo, or a GT35R it also includes forged internals (pistons and rods) and bigger injectors, if your not going for big power then the T3/T4 turbocharger is good enough. No u will not need to upgrade your crankshaft, the in tank fuel pump thats offered on Hiboost.com would be good, they dont make fuel rails, cams, camgears, or throttlebody but i think they do for non us 3's. You dont buy headers if your turboing its called a turbo manifold thats connects to the exhaust and has a appropiate flange for the turbocharger, also ask for the 3in downpipe when ordering the kit. If anything else is needed ill tell ya

Old 02-07-2007, 02:40 AM

thanks tracker appreciate it and everybody who had their input. i was taling to this guy who owns a local mod shop he said he can get a different turbo i forgot which one ( good memory eh considering im looking into getting one lol.) he can do the pipes and the work on it in his shop. do you think this is a good idea? im thinking on dropping a K&N cai on and exhaust pipe and obviously the exhaust just to gain a bit of boost into it. easier that way for me just to keep the factory warranty on it for a bit. anybody from Ontario, Canada? im really geared up to make this M3 run fast and look nice. oh yeah anyone knows of oa good bodykit website here in Canada? thanx everyone

Old 02-07-2007, 04:25 AM

uh you cant put a cai on a turboed car, also i forgot to mention that you will also need valves and valvesprings, also if you plan on letting that guy do a custom turbo for you, you absolutly must buy the piggyback ecu from hiboost because this the only system that works properly with a turbo, it comes preset mappings. But i already thought about doin a custom kit and decided that it would be much easier and alot less work if you just buy the kit from hiboost, also i highly recommend that you dont get anything stronger or weaker than a T3/T4 turbocharger if you plan on getting the most outta 300hp

Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 AM

ya i know i got to have the cai. what do you think is a good cai i was looking at K&N, injen and AEM. what do you think? do you know any good website for body kits too? thanx for the rply

Old 02-07-2007, 04:46 AM

for the bodykits try extremedimensions.com or streetconcept.com, as for the cai, i have a AEM but all three are good, i heard that the K&N is the best because it has something that prevents your car from throwing a checkengine light but it still happens, but why do you want one?

Quick Reply: pls help. what do i need