Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Default Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.

Disclaimer: Some of you hate me, some of you don't know me, but I like to look at cars. I have a VERY critical eye for overdone crap, well done mods, appearance stuff, etc. I can be harsh when writing my thoughts. So if you can't take honesty don't post up your car.

So with that said. Anyone want to post up their car and I can be your review?

I will even post mine up as a sign of good sportmanship and you all can go at mine if you want.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Default RE: Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.

Here is my car.

MS3
Only mods include 15% tint all around and Clear Bra, clear trunk step. (love when your roommate owns a tint shop)

Old 06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Default RE: Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.

break out the steamer, i got the first bowl of rice for ya.....have fun with this one (sorry, not a 3)

Name:  DSCF0569Small.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0712Large.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  26.3 KB

Name:  DSCF0780.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  54.8 KB

Old 06-13-2007, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: MrTea

break out the steamer, i got the first bowl of rice for ya.....have fun with this one (sorry, not a 3)
[sm=roll.gif]That's fantastic. And no worries about it not being a 3. I think the 6's looks damn good as well.

The good:
Front lip kit looks good....just need a grill.
The black rims look good.
You properly did your turbo. :goodjob:
Love the blue.
Can't believe I am saying this...but the exhaust looks nice.

The Ugly:
PAINT YOUR DAMN CAR 1 COLOR!!!!
Remove White Rims
Open your eyes...remove the eyelids....PLEASE!!!
Carbon Fiber trunks...just don't work most of the time...
Please tint the car the same all around. It will look better.
Remove your shopping list from the skirts. Unless those people paid for your work or you are contracted to have them, remove the decals.

Overall the car does have a rice appeal to it but it is mainly the different colors and the white rims. The trunk I am still on the fence about but I think that is because there is no full shot of it. (high angle 3/4 shot from the rear).

I think performance wise you are making a nice sleeper. Don't let it spill out to the exterior too much. The decals are a wonderful shopping list to theives.

Was your helping of rice tasty or sour?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:45 PM

hey i love opinions, they are great....they don't effect what i do, but they are great.

lets see what i got of a reply.

...good
i just finished fiberglassing the front end the day i took the pic (there was not grill before) so the mesh will be on soon. the black rims were the white rims....they just got powdercoated (were show rims, but too hard to clean). the Exhsust is gone now, too small....now have a 3" turboback. color...yeah, it's a nice blue....what i call "pnasy blue"

the ugly...
i get most of my stuff for free, but i have to pay for bodywork. paid $1100 for a bodykit install, that the carwash place ran into a their machine. then i started doing my own glassing, and paint just isn't worth it. everytime i come home from the track i have new battle scars....rattlecans became by best friend! eyelids left long ago...but i did like them. CF trunk, again, free so why not....will "fit in" better as i get more of the car black. Decals looked good with the show setup....they are off the passenger side already, the skirt is turning black before mazdafest, so those come off with the painjob.

i am a big fan of NON stock. my grandma can have a car that looks axactly like yours, all she needs to do is pay the neighbor boy to clean it. i like the fact that i get people that see me on the street and google me just to find out about it...people will look 2, 3...5 times at my car to figure out what it is, why the F i did that to a sedan and how they hell am i so fast.....all they do with your is "oh, there's another mazda3"

i track my car, that's how i build it. some like simple and clean and stock. it's all preference. i'll leave with one last pic from when a company had my car for a while....at least i didnt' go this far.

anyhow, thanks for the words, good and bad, they are appreciated

Old 06-13-2007, 01:58 PM

^^ Thank's for taking them honestly. I took what you said about my car honest as well...aside from the fact that mine is a Speed 3...not a normal 3 hehehe.

Knowing now that it is a track car I understand the less "attention to detail" on the outside and more for the functional purpose.

Enjoy your car

Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Draconius

Disclaimer: Some of you hate me, some of you don't know me, but I like to look at cars. I have a VERY critical eye for overdone crap, well done mods, appearance stuff, etc. I can be harsh when writing my thoughts. So if you can't take honesty don't post up your car.

So with that said. Anyone want to post up their car and I can be your review?

I will even post mine up as a sign of good sportmanship and you all can go at mine if you want.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................

"I tried forcing myself into not responding to this but alas...I must" [sm=rolleyes.gif]

First of all, why would you assume that anyone would care about your opinions of their car? Anyone with an iota, a smidgen of self-esteem would not.

Second, "Sportsmanship?" Are you kidding? Why would anyone want to critic a basically "bone-stock" MS3 against vehicles that they spent a great deal of time, thought and money on?
"Wow, Dude!! Nice color! That tint really kicks ***!!" It's been done and that's what automotive magazines and websites are for. The MS3 has already been rated by the press and they like it. Yeah, that's REAL sportsmanship.

After your regular [sm=rant.gif]son this forum, why would ANYBODY take you seriously. You need to grow up and learn to be less self-righteous, certainly less arrogant and learn how to have a sense of humor about things.

This thread, and your idea of starting it is [sm=lame.gif] How's THAT for a critic? (A rhetorical question @ best.)

And if you don't think you've asked for this [sm=icon_flaming.gif]I'd suggest you go back and read some of your own posts and how they relate to posts you've responded to, then take some time off and think about them.

BTW: You've spelled sportsmanship incorrectly.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:59 PM

wow!

given i'm not on this forum much, i personally could care less who posted it.....i just like seeing my car. i like hearing what people thing, that's why i posted. though it might be a bit cocky, who cares, it's a forum. if no one really cared, then no one would post...but that didn't happen. no?

i really dont' see the point in e-thugging, but if it's your guys' boat, have fun

Old 06-13-2007, 06:15 PM

^^
I'm not down for e-thuggin. This is a forum. A place where people can express their opinions. People can take what they read as they read it or seriously. Unfortuantely he took it seriously.

ORIGINAL: virgin1

"I tried forcing myself into not responding to this but alas...I must" [sm=rolleyes.gif]

First of all, why would you assume that anyone would care about your opinions of their car? Anyone with an iota, a smidgen of self-esteem would not.

Second, "Sportsmanship?" Are you kidding? Why would anyone want to critic a basically "bone-stock" MS3 against vehicles that they spent a great deal of time, thought and money on?
"Wow, Dude!! Nice color! That tint really kicks ***!!" It's been done and that's what automotive magazines and websites are for. The MS3 has already been rated by the press and they like it. Yeah, that's REAL sportsmanship.

After your regular [sm=rant.gif]son this forum, why would ANYBODY take you seriously. You need to grow up and learn to be less self-righteous, certainly less arrogant and learn how to have a sense of humor about things.

This thread, and your idea of starting it is [sm=lame.gif] How's THAT for a critic? (A rhetorical question @ best.)

And if you don't think you've asked for this [sm=icon_flaming.gif]I'd suggest you go back and read some of your own posts and how they relate to posts you've responded to, then take some time off and think about them.

BTW: You've spelled sportsmanship incorrectly.

HAHAHAHAHA. wow buddy. I just laugh at this. You have made my day. Did you think you would get a huff out of me? You're not. I am laughing at your childish (and you're supposedly 50?) response to a thread that could have been fun but alas you have destroyed it.

Oi.

I'll respond to this part:
ORIGINAL: Imawhineylittlevirgin
You need to grow up and learn to be less self-righteous, certainly less arrogant and learn how to have a sense of humor about things.

I am not by any means self righteous. I came up with an idea of looking at people's cars. They can take it with a grain of salt or whatever the hell they want. Frankly it was more to pass the time and check out peoples cars. But you are taking it to a different level and bringing crap from other threads to this one. I am not arrogant and I have one HELL of a sense of humor. If I didn't have a sense of humor I think I would have blasted into MrT but alas I didn't. I took his criticism and he took mine like NORMAL HUMANS DO!

Remove yourself from my thread please.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

You are such a hypocrite, among the biggest I've ever talked to!
It's OK if you dump on other ppl, their cars, their threads and their opinions, and call them names, but you don't likeit much when someone else dumps on yours.
We all look@ other ppl's cars. That's what we're here for, but you make it personal.

Laugh all you want, or at least try to convince us that's what's happening. You're not a smartass, your just an ***.

And, Mr. Tea, this all started on another thread where I clearly made a joke (silly smiley's used everywhere) backing up what someone else had said after this moron made a stupid post that had nothing to do with answering the guy's question. Then he proceeded to personally attack me! But you see, he doesn't like it very much when the foot is on the other hand.... and I quote:

"Remove yourself from my thread please."

Quick Reply: Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.