Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Default RE: Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.

ah.. well then i stand corrected

hehe, go canada

Old 06-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.

Yeah, go Canada!!
After the first SCC article, I was hoping they'd release a white here too,though they had already announced the colors for the US.
Eh, maybe next model year they'll catch on?
A really hot yellow (Lightning?) or bringing back Lave Orange Metallic would be cool too, imo.

BTW: Sorry 'bout the thread jacking.

/Threadjack

Old 06-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Name:  mazda3.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  72.9 KB

not mine,, but i love it so much that i have to share it......

Old 06-19-2007, 12:35 AM

^^ Wheel stripes have to go...looks good otherwise. I love the stock look. (obviously the rims aren't stock though )

Old 06-19-2007, 01:33 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments and even the criticism! Yea, my ride is a WWP2006 GT ATX,with Nav and Bose. The suspension is stock, as is the motor. The wheels are 17"x7"x48mm 5Zigens, wrapped in Kumho SPT 205/50/17's.

I'm 39, and my old butt likes the ride on stock suspension with 17" wheels. I had 18" Kosei Racers wrapped in 225/40/18's for over a year, but I didn't like how it rode, stopped, acceleratedand most importantly, how itturned (heavy). The car lost a lot of it's handlingquickness with the 18's.

BTW, I had an Enigma stubby and then a Sharkfin, but neither of them passed my test in the reception area! I am a big fan of the "clean" look, and I'm real happy with how my car looks and drives.

Darryl

Old 07-02-2007, 01:37 PM

All right, the guys at Streetunit have ripped me a new one for this, so I firgured I'd let you all have a shot too. Be honest, if it looks like ****e, tell me. I may not change it, but opinions matter, sometimes....
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture005.jpg
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture004.jpg
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture003.jpg
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture002.jpg
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture001.jpg

Old 07-02-2007, 05:10 PM

Immediately after opening the images I had things say...RIP THEM OFF!!!

Remove the smoked headlights. Doesn't work with a non-tinted car. Tint the car and they will look MUCH better.
Partially blacked out tails. Are you kidding me? Remove those. Once again, tinting a car will make those look better. I like the look of the tails untinted.
The blacked out Flying M on the front doesn't work...front one does though.
Does HKS pay for your car?
Does MSD pay for your car?

If you answered no to the last two questions remove the decals. They are a shopping list for your car.

Body decals are so 5 years ago.

Other than that, I say, tint the car at like 15% or 30% and the front lights will look good. If you tint the rear lights at least do the entire setup, and ease up on the darkness. Go with a light smoke. The stock rims even make all the decals look like crap.

Unfortunately what you have done doesn't appeal to me. However, if it is to you, it is your car.

Good choice on the color though

Old 07-02-2007, 08:43 PM

The window tint (15% ) is this weekend. The silver is already gone (right after work, it didnt work for me either, but I tried).
I am MSD. And yes, HKS has paid for my car (I offer loans to them, they, in rtn, have supplied a few, but much appreciated $ and access. to my car, and co workers). I tried getting the rear brake tintto fit, they dont. I pulled the rear back up tint off with the silver. Fogs are staying, as are the badges (I happen to like those), as well as the side reflecctor, and spoiler tint. The fronts have to go, just to damn dim at night for them. I had one guy call the decals 1990 Iroc Z. That one stung a little. Think the 5 spoke konig in black would help? I have a CF hood on order from another site (sing up and get one, group buy!), thinking that will help as well.....replies?

Old 07-03-2007, 09:24 AM

Good work on removing the tails. Since you are sponsored by those companies in a way I understand. But the MSD right up front? They could be located along the side skirts. Would look better. I don't know how black on red would look. I LOVE a gun metal on red. Carbon fiber hoods are "ghey: imo. The random large black hood on a car that doesn't have other large black objects just looks weird again in my opinion.

Enjoy your car!

Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 AM

Yeah, but when the stock hood weighs in at over 70 lbs, and the CF is less then 20....Im all for a little diet when it adds to the track time (and if its really bad, you can always paint it...)

Quick Reply: Post up your car and I will give you a critique. v. seen this on other forums.