Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Power Locks

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Default Power Locks

hey, so my car came stock with manual locks, and it gets kinda annoying, and plus, i wanna install an alarm on my car, and its kinda annoying having an alarm without power locks

so my question is:
how hard would it be to install power locks??
like, are all the wiring and whatnot already there??
i know i would need the motors, and power lock buttons and all....

im just wondering...
cuz i know the wiring was already there for the rear speakers i installed

Old 06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Power Locks

First of all, I have no personal experience w/alarm systems. Never installed one or had one installed, though I have shopped fpr them @ one point.From what I've seen, most AM alarms are power lock "ready."Thatonce the system is installed the locks are a simple, relatively inexpensivematter for an installer.
Call around and find out.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM

its a very hard install. our cars are not like most cars. typically cars use a push rod or rod type linkage.....the mazda 3 uses cablecontrolled door looks.

so the install is harder and once a shop finds this out...the install charge may go up because of the added work. I have seen the install done once....and it took a matter of 4 whole weekends for a DIYer.

Her is a link to the kit that will work for our car. hope this helps you out. best of luck. If you do find a shop that does it, and well, please post information. Cause i too have a 3i sport.

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...ode=W02C-RF104

Old 06-08-2007, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

First of all, I have no personal experience w/alarm systems. Never installed one or had one installed, though I have shopped fpr them @ one point.From what I've seen, most AM alarms are power lock "ready."Thatonce the system is installed the locks are a simple, relatively inexpensivematter for an installer.
Call around and find out.

cool... i might phone around and ask some people... i think my search will start at mazda, and then expand from there.
the main reason why i want power locks, and an alarm, is
1) i constantly drive friends around, and it gets annoying reaching around unlocking all the doors for them.
2) with the way my car looks, and think i need a car alarm. my subs are visible from the cabin.

if i were to get an alarm, it would be a vibration sensitive one.
being that if someone tries to open my door, the alarm will go off, and i will be notified about it with a 2 way pager.

i wish i got the power locks/ power windows, steering wheels audio controls package when i bought the car, but i wanted to keep the monthly payments as low as possible.

oh well....

Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 PM

??? are you in the states? cause i have the cheapest "i" available and i still have the steering wheel audio controls. I though that was a standard feature on all 3's?

Old 06-08-2007, 08:46 PM

nah...
im in canada (ontario)
the steering wheel mounted audio controls and power locks/windows were all an option....
the only extra's i got was A/C and a 5spd mtx

Old 06-09-2007, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

You had to pay extra for the 5-sp? That doesn't sound right......

Old 06-09-2007, 09:54 AM

Equipment and packages have varied over the model years. For the 2007 model year in the USA, the baseline i-sport is equipped as you say (steering wheel audio controls), but in previous yearsthis may not havebeen the case.

I agree with virgin1, the base M3 comes with a 5 speed manual, you would not have had to pay extra for it (at least in the USA).

Old 06-09-2007, 11:21 AM

no, i didnt pay for it, buts that the one option i wanted.

and my 3 is an '07, completely base... so a GX (i think thats what we call them up here)
i think it was an extra ~$10/month for PL, PW, audio controls, etc etc