Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Raising the body of my Mazda3 Sport??? (2015)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 09:57 PM
Default Raising the body of my Mazda3 Sport??? (2015)

I recently purchased a used 2015 Mazda 3 sport back in January. I enjoy driving it, and have no regrets buying it. I looks very much like the image below:

Stock car model image

However, I have noticed that the front body of the Mazda 3 is quite low to the ground, and for this reason, I find that I often scrape the bottom (front) of my car on numerous instances, whether its while driving on the road, going over speedbumps, or entering/leaving a driveway. It has since left multiple front bender scratches since I purchased it.

I would really like to resolve this, and naturally the first major idea I thought was to raise the body of the car. My question is, should this be something I could consider? How much would it cost? Is it even feasible? Is there a better way to go about solving this issue?

If anyone could help guide me towards the right direction, I would very much appreciate it.

Old 06-11-2023, 09:56 AM

MY first though is to install old school curb feelers.

My Mazda 3 is close to 500lbs heavier then factory because of the stereo system I installed, as well I have cold air scoops under the front. I am aproz. 1/2 lower in factory suspension height. That said I don't have a problem with hitting the under body? But then I also know my Mazda!.

You can raise the Mazda by installing simple old school spring spacer. NOT ADVISED but have been used for decades. That is the least expensive and can be done for less then $100.
You could instal a complete coil over upgrade. very expensive 500-1500(or more) for the parts alone The other way is to install taller springs with a higher capacity. This get a little more involved in researching to find them. (they are available) Then you would need to install them and have your suspension realigned. You can safely raise your suspension about 1 inch without changing the steering and handling geometry to much. But it is sure going to make your MAZDA look ... well "DIFFERENT". It will have a taller stance. ! inch should give you what you are try to achieve.

You will NOT be able to find a application for the springs. You will need to do the research yourself by first getting the stock springs specifications. Then look at a spring specification chart form a manufacture that supplies aftermarket replacement springs and find something that when installed will give to that 1 inch raise. Make sure that if you do this to look at the weight capacity because you do not want to get a spring that will be to harsh and ride comfort and handling could suffer.

Best advise is to not raise your MAZDA and learn to drive it better!