Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Remanufactured PCM reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023 | 05:55 PM
|
Default Remanufactured PCM reviews

Has anyone replaced their PCM with one of those remanufactured ones and what was your outcome, good or Bad. Also recommendations of establishments to get one would be welcome

Old 07-25-2023 | 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Boborc
Has anyone replaced their PCM with one of those remanufactured ones and what was your outcome, good or Bad. Also, recommendations of establishments to get one would be welcome
PCM are not remanufactured. They are test for continuity, sometimes cleaned up and then a tamper seal is placed on them finally depending on your application the latest program is passed-through it.
The actual "rebuilding" or replace bad areas of a ECU is time consuming and expensive at times almost the cost of a NEW PCM/ECU/TCM etc.
There are no GREAT companies that offer them I would recommend finding an established sell that has a good warranty. This way if you get a bad unit, you can turn around and get one quickly replaced. If you do get a refurbished/used ECU if it works in the first 8 hours, then you are likely to get a full life use out of it of 3-5 years or more if you are lucky.

Old 07-26-2023 | 05:25 AM
|

Yeah I figured they just checked for physical damage, wiped it down with a rag and re flashed it. Just wanted to know some personal experiences. Seems like a 50/50 shot. Half have a good experience half a bad. Was looking at Flagship one. Was also just thinking of getting hold of a pass thru device and updating from Mazda'a website. I can buy a 3 day pass for updates. Might be better off. Did you ever do this? https://www.mazdaserviceinfo.com/pcm-reflashing

Old 07-26-2023 | 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Boborc
Yeah I figured they just checked for physical damage, wiped it down with a rag and re flashed it. Just wanted to know some personal experiences. Seems like a 50/50 shot. Half have a good experience half a bad. Was looking at Flagship one. Was also just thinking of getting hold of a pass thru device and updating from Mazda'a website. I can buy a 3 day pass for updates. Might be better off. Did you ever do this? https://www.mazdaserviceinfo.com/pcm-reflashing
I don't like updates unless the auto manufacture can tell me EXACTLY what PID they will affect. Learn that lesson only once so I don't do them unless it is safety recall or drivibility concern.