Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Scratching my head...the factory alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Default Scratching my head...the factory alarm

It was a problem, now it seems to have fixed itself. But I'm still posting to see if anyone knows what happened.

Brief: 2006 Mazda 3 sport - factory alarm with remote entry. Push the lock button twice, the car honks back at you.

Issue: Worked fine until two days ago. I'd push the button twice, my car says goodbye to me. Then it decided to give me the silent treatment. I'd hear it click, but no honk. Click. No honk. I have to hear the honk! It's my way of knowing for sure that the car is locked up. It stopped honking back at me. Nothing that I know of caused it. I went thru yesterday, no honks. And then what do you know? This morning, she honked back at me! YAY!

Question: What caused my car to go mute??? Is there a trick I should know? If she mutes up on me again, is there a way to make her talk back to me again?

Sorry guys - this is such a girlie thing to do - but I have to hear my baby talk to me!

TIA!!

Old 05-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Default RE: Scratching my head...the factory alarm

I like the way you say your talks back to you, it made me laugh, but anyway if you take long pauses between pushing the lock button your car wont talk back to you, you need to hit the button twice quick, so she will let you know that she is safe.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:09 PM

check your trunk and make sure its closed...ive done this a few times where i want the car to honk and i keep pressing the lock button - not realizing the trunk is slightly ajar...in order to honk, everything needs to be sealed...this may not be your problem, but its somethin to keep in mind = )

Old 05-03-2006, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeMzda3

check your trunk and make sure its closed...ive done this a few times where i want the car to honk and i keep pressing the lock button - not realizing the trunk is slightly ajar...in order to honk, everything needs to be sealed...this may not be your problem, but its somethin to keep in mind = )

WOW...who'd have thought?? I experimented and you're right. I also realized that yesterday morning I put my gym bag in the trunk and that's when the alarm started working again. This is helpful to know! Thanks for your tips!

Old 05-03-2006, 01:47 PM

ah, i'll have to keep that in mind if something of that nature ever happens to me or my friends... never would have thought of that either!