Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Serious Handling Issues - Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Lev

Originally Posted by Snoble2
The same thing happened to ma almost a year ago. I hit a curb and blew out a tire and bent my wheel. I replaced both and a few months later I ended up getting an entire set of new tires with an alignment. Everything as been fine, but now (30k) I am noticing the car pulls to the right, and the steering wheel vibrates as i brake. Im taking it to Mazda today to get it aligned....hopefullt this will resolve the issue. Anyone else have any experience with wheel vibrations? I'm hoping it's not already time for new brakes.
I can confirm that the shaking while braking is warped rotors. That use to happen to me until i recently replaced the front rotors. Now my braking is smooth. My car also shakes at exactly 60mph. I also hit a big pot hole (more like a crater) that blew my tire out and cracked my rim. I live in upstate NY as well. That happened 3 years ago and i haven't had any problems after that. The shaking started happening after i got my wheels rotated and balanced. I told the guy he did a bad job balancing the tires and i brought it back. When i brought the car in, and before he even pulled it into the garage, he told me that the guy that worked on my car said i had a bent rim and that's what's causing the shaking. He said he wasn't responsible, so i left. The car still shakes, but im waiting until my next oil change to get the wheels aligned and balanced. I'm going to a different shop, bc that a**hole gave me bad breaks that havent stopped squealing after driving 10,000 miles.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

'Sounds to me like they just didn't shim, Disk Brake Anti-Squeal them, or lubricate them properly when they installed the new pads, Lev. Could also be that they didn't service the calipers at that time either.
All are relatively easy fixes.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:10 PM

if you only have 27000 miles on it, cant you just bring it to a mazda dealership and they will cover it?

Sounds like you need to find a mechanic that you trust to go thru everything. Sounds like at the very least you need an alignment. Keep us posted!