Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

should I remove my door moldings???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Default RE: should I remove my door moldings???

Well what goes into removing them. Do they just pull off and then you use goo gone to clean it and then wash and wax? It looks really nice and virgin1 i realy really like it on your buds car cause of the color and the shot there, jsut looks awwesome.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MikeMS3
Well what goes into removing them. Do they just pull off and then you use goo gone to clean it and then wash and wax? It looks really nice and virgin1 i realy really like it on your buds car cause of the color and the shot there, jsut looks awwesome.
Yup, they pull off and depending on the tempature and how long they've been on, you will have to clean up the mess left by the adhesive tape. One side of my car was in the sun when I did mine and it was the hardest to clean up after too. Warm, but out of the direct sun might be the best way. A little dental floss to get it started, then peel slowly and carefully paying close attention to how well the adhesive is on there. Wash, wax and polish if necessary.
In my caseit was because they had been on the carfor 2 years and the dirt really worked itself into the paint, but a relatively quick spot polish, a wash and a wax took care of it. Now you can't tell they were ever there!
And whaddoUmean, my friend's car??? [sm=badbadbad.gif] It looks even BETTER on the WHITE car!!!
I'm kidding, but then again I'm not. I really like the way mine turned out w/o them.[sm=Awwww.gif][sm=bling.gif]

Old 04-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Name:  BlueRed.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  38.7 KB

Old 04-20-2007, 05:33 PM

the mazda 3's up here in canada dont come with door moulding!
i drive a sedan tho, but im pretty sure its the same deal.....

Old 04-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Haha sorry dude. Did'nt mean to come off that way. Just personal preference. That collor shows the cars lines very well. I like the darker colors that are metalic. Black and dark blue don't work and the SunlightSilver isas light as i go in my 'sweet spot' for colors that do it well. Unfourtunatly the Speed only came in four colors. I would've gone with whatever he has.

Meh, whites nice too...... HA! Just don't lose it in a snow storm!! Peace.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mike,
Snow storm? In Central Texas?? Well, we do get ice storms from time-to-time......
No offense taken. I just saw how you worded it and ran w/it. I was "playin'" w/you, that's all.
To each his own. But I am not sorry I did the mod.
If I had to chose a Speed3 w/the current color selection (as you'd said, "4",) it probably would be sunlight 1st, or cosmic blue 2nd... both rather boring colors, really. But, red is overdone, and to me (personal preference) the True Red is REALLY overdone, and black is simply a no-no for me here in Texas, though I'm sure many would do it. Given Mazdas weak A/C, I'd die in a black Mazda 'round here.
I owned one black car in my life and swore I would never do that again. It was ALWAYS dirty and even though I lived inPennsylvania then, where summer temps are nearer 85-95*F, it took forever to cool down in the summer.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:43 AM

You 'played' with me a little. I feel violated, yet not knowing your gender curious. HA AAAAAAAnyway THe Protege5 was SunlightSilver so i could'nt do that and the other two were out for the same reasons as you stated. B-sides it's gonna be lime green with dark blue off center racing stripes come fall.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Now you're playin' w/ME!! (Lime green and blue? YUCK!!!) [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

I'm a man, Clyde. A married Man.[sm=innoc.gif] My car's nickname is Virgin1. [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 04-22-2007, 02:20 PM

OK i think i'm about to take the plunge and take off the molding things. I'm just really worried about how much work and what solvents will be needed for removing the residue. I'm up for cleaning it but i'm afraid i won't be prepared and then will have to let them go all week til i can go at it again saturday.... i'ma go stare at em for a while and then decide.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:54 PM

not much preparation or effort went into mind...one of the moldings was coming loose on its own, so on a rainy day i decided to pull them all off...it was a very easy task. all i had to do was wipe the adhesive with a wet towel and it cleaned up nicely. you can see pictures of my car with the moldings off by following the link in my signature.

Quick Reply: should I remove my door moldings???