Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Site structure?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 02:24 AM
Default Site structure?

Why isnt this site broken down into Generation sub categories? It makes it impossible to find good info.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Please explain.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:59 AM

Really? Not sure how its hard to understand that ALL years are all lumped into one section. Every other car forum ive been on separates by model year/Gen categories. There are now 4 Gens on the 3 and youve got people asking about an 04 in one post and then someone else about an '18 in another. The FAQ's are 8 years old, no Audio, Engine, Suspension categories etc.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:26 PM

I see the value but there would be a huge number of sub sections for all the different models and generation. It is important that people asking questions specify their year, engine and other critical information when asking for help.

Another factor is that many of us have or had numerous Mazdas and can help with questions across generation.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:30 PM

On another note, do you still own a Talon?

I had a 92 Talon new but mine was not a Tsi.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
I see the value but there would be a huge number of sub sections for all the different models and generation. It is important that people asking questions specify their year, engine and other critical information when asking for help.

Another factor is that many of us have or had numerous Mazdas and can help with questions across generation.
Its not hard if you have a template/order.
Normally youll have sorted first by Gen, and inside those youll have General, Performance, Interior, Exterior, Audio etc. Subsections for those are usually limited to different models if there are different engines for different trim levels. Like all Mazda 6's now have a 2.5l with only a turbo version to differentiate, even with 4 trim levels.

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
On another note, do you still own a Talon?

I had a 92 Talon new but mine was not a Tsi.
No, i sold it a little bit ago to a kid who was as giddy as i was when i bought it. I may have the chance to buy it back at some point. I turned it into a meme for a friend who has a turbo Regal lol.

Old 12-23-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by TalonTsi90
Its not hard if you have a template/order.
Normally youll have sorted first by Gen, and inside those youll have General, Performance, Interior, Exterior, Audio etc. Subsections for those are usually limited to different models if there are different engines for different trim levels. Like all Mazda 6's now have a 2.5l with only a turbo version to differentiate, even with 4 trim levels.
To have a separate section for each generation of each model would add dozens of new sections and with the subsections, the total would run into the hundreds, most would not receive a post for months. (and therefore no reason for anyone to look in them.) As an example, I believe they would need at least 7 sections for the truck alone between the B and BT series. It makes sense to create the extra sections for a single model, but this forum covers everything Mazda offers and has a large audience worldwide.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:13 AM

I can see the value in splitting up the different generations at least, this way we're not combing through multiple threads just to find something that relates to our specific gen Mazda. I guess it just makes it easier for everyone.......