Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Speed 3 boost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Default RE: Speed 3 boost?

No complaints from me....Make as much power as you want.

It would be haulin' serious *** at 300 whp.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: TMR Net Shark

I'm sorry! I forgot to mention that you'd have to have a turbo upgrade to get 22 psi! Sorry for confusion!

"And what effectwould a stroker kit have on the boost level?"

Not really any added boost, just a crankshaft and pistons that would be able to widthstand that amount of pressure.
actually, when you add more stroke to the motor, you would be adding a longer throw and more compression that would make the exhaust pressure greater and, in turn, make the turbo spool harder and faster. but you would be running a bigger risk of damage to the motor because of the added compression and more boost out of the turbo.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:03 AM

Of course you would be running the risk of blowing your engine up. There's always that risk.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Not really any added boost, just a crankshaft and pistons that would be able to widthstand that amount of pressure.
Taking this statement strickly as a stand alone, you're assuming that the stroker kit would be better quality (and/or forged) than the OEM parts? You may be right since these kits are usually developed for aftermarket performance, but why would you automatically assume that?
Also, if the cyl head and gasket were not modified from stock (i.e. thicker, low compression head gasket, or equiv.) you'd run the risk of higher base compression and a higher risk of breakdown even in stock form.
The point is probably moot anyway because to my knowledge there is no stroker kit avialble for the 2.0, or 2.3, unless a 2.3 crank could be fit to the 2.0? And I'm not to sure, one way or the other, that it could.

Really, I'm just playing devil's advocate here trying to get you to think about what you've said and why.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Taking this statement strickly as a stand alone, you're assuming that the stroker kit would be better quality (and/or forged) than the OEM parts? You may be right since these kits are usually developed for aftermarket performance, but why would you automatically assume that?
Also, if the cyl head and gasket were not modified from stock (i.e. thicker, low compression head gasket, or equiv.) you'd run the risk of higher base compression and a higher risk of breakdown even in stock form.
The point is probably moot anyway because to my knowledge there is no stroker kit avialble for the 2.0, or 2.3, unless a 2.3 crank could be fit to the 2.0? And I'm not to sure, one way or the other, that it could.

Really, I'm just playing devil's advocate here trying to get you to think about what you've said and why.

I wasn't taking it strictly stand alone, I was talking about a 27-30 psi turbo on any 4 cyl. engine. Obviously forged and better quality than the original stock parts. And usually when you get a new stroker kit, you get new gasket (if you don't, you really should). So I'm basically saying that if you want to run a 27-30 psi turbocharger (or supercharger?), you gotta replace the pistons, gasket, crankshaft, vavles, cams... pretty much the only thing stock would be the block housing (and if you replaced that, you don't have a Mazda engine anymore!).

Get what I'm saying?

The most I would do is new camshaft and vavles if I plan to run a bigger turbo.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Nevermind....

Old 05-10-2007, 12:04 AM

27-30 pounds of boost is an incredibly ridiculous number. that just sounds like you would have to have a couple of t3 snails set up sequentially with boost control and no exhaust behind the downpipe. sounds like it would just not be a drivable car if you had that much boost on a front wheel drive 4 cylinder. let me know if you do it though. i want to be front and center for the maiden run.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 AM

Oh god, did you people think I was gonna do that with MY Mazda Speed 3? Are you kidding me?! A project like that would require lots of money and hours upon hours of tuning. The thing would never be let on the streets and even on the drag strip it will be dangerous.

The most I'm doing it probably 16-20 psi for turbo and new cams. Anything more and your getting too much torque into the wheels.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 PM

http://mazda3online.web.aplus.net/pr...roducts_id=695

link to a bigger turbo you can put on your ms3. it's good till like 400whp. peaks at 22psi.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:11 PM

ive heard of a accord running 40lbs of boost once.. i think my friend told me about it.....

Quick Reply: Speed 3 boost?