Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:07 AM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

Here is the link if your interested
http://www.zainostore.com

Old 12-15-2006, 08:15 AM

Hey buddy, thanks for the link! I will check it out. I always used Meguiar's products.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeMS3

Hey hey. Mazda say's I'm all good. Clean bill of health and blamed winter fuel and simply a highoutput engine running premium, for the soot/carbon excess. Sigh. Guess this means i simply have'nt gotten used to the trans. But good on all other counts and after a dtive with the tech yep the power thing is me cueing the wastgate. I also shift around town at about 2800rpm so i think i may be a bit low and it's closer to that threshold. Also the brakes thing could not be reproduced and i have'nt heard it either, so maybe just a sign of newness, but what a way to show it right!?

I was out on the dual this eve after work and i found myself next to an SS Cobalt. Pshh. But i was surprised. He held his own quite well. Though i took him and could'nt done better if i'd shifted at about 6ish instead of something lower ( i was'nt in race mode, it came on quick). I do have to give him credit on a fast machine but he also had a CAI, CB and Stage 2 perf upgrade. Nothing can replace the smile i had on my face though not cause i laid down a quicker run but it was fun! Also, um yea, I definatly down't like a supercharger's sound. kinda looses the powerfull sound or boosted sound for a wind up toy like whine. plain and simple i beat him but could have whooped him bad but the squishy part at the wheel malfunctioned.

And dude that intercooler is for replacing the top mount. Screw that. Or at least i will lol. i'm sure it'd be a decent upgrade but I'm not going to spend money to replace a top mount. It stays stock or it's going front mount. Though theres nothing wrong with a topmount as we can all tell by turning the key, Theres no debating that in each instance a front mount would be a step up. Maybe two. I just would'nt spend money to do that when a tad more gets you front mount. Of course that's if you do the work yourself.

Ifanyone knows where to check out the supposed dyno proof of this engine benifiting 30hp from a simple CAI and CB or either it'self please share. I keep hearing it but find no evidence. Could there really be a 300ish pony four banger under our hoods. DROOL.....
hey there is a article in the new january Modified Mag . I will quote " And don't think for a second that the MRZ is tapped out in OE trim- with forged crankshaft and connecting rods, there's little doubt that there's room to turn up the boost. The outer power limits of this engine are still somewhat unknown, but given how beefy the internals are we're pretty confident that 400 whp isn't out of the question when the MS3 finds it way into the hands of a turbo tuning gurus like XS Engineering or AMS here is a link to a evo forum where a first class tuner did a tune on a MS3 and got 290whp and 315 torque!

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ght=mazdaspeed

Old 12-15-2006, 07:04 PM

thanks for the link bro. Hey, if we keep this up, we might become the biggest thread on "3 forum"

Old 12-15-2006, 08:20 PM

the mazdaspeed 3 has some serious potenial. i still want to know where I can get the mazdaspeed 3 accessories that add 30 hp . here is another link to the same forum where I get into a fight with evo owners

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ht=mazdaspeed3

Old 12-15-2006, 09:12 PM

here is some more of that article in modified mag about the 30 hp gain from CAI and CB.

'According to Jack Stavana, Director of Accessories Operations for Mazda North America, the 'Accessories' cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust combo is good for an extra 30whp, a claim I was skeptical about until I took the decaled 'Acessories' car for a spin around Laguna seca raceway immediately after doing the same in a bone stock MS3. After buckling up and throwing on a helmet, I fired up the modified MS3 and rolled down pit lane. It wasn't until I got hard on the gas while entering the track between Turns 2 and 3 that I could really feel and hear the difference the cold air intake and cat-back exhaust were providing, where the deep metal snarl coming out the tailpipe put an immediate smile on my face. Widening my grin further was the realization that I suddenly gained an extra 500rpm to play with, theMRZ now breathing freely and pulling hard all the way to the rev limiter. that claimed extra 30whp is for real and the broader powerband and the impoved exhaust note provide improved performance and sensory enjoyment. In other words, the 'Acessories' MS3 sounded like a pissed-off wolverine and had acceleration to match.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:14 PM

DAMN!!! I WANT IT!!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:22 PM

Wow that puts a grin on my face and i'm just sitting here on the couch! I kinda hope that the CAI and exhaust are the rumored 1k$ together and not just one of those for the price. Either way, I'll be first in line!

Old 12-16-2006, 12:32 AM

You know i was watching a video on street fire of a Mazdaspeed Protege and an SRT4 Neon, and I realized. To heck with the warranty, I want the baddest car in H-Town and I'ma have it!!

>>>> http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...d54aa934bf.htm

Old 12-16-2006, 01:37 PM

Im glad to report that I got my mazda back from the dealer and guess what it was? Purge valve sensor they tested it and it worked and cleared the cel light. whoooo hoopo all good again. Pretty funny sh tt on the evo thread lol

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread