Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

If you wait a couple years I will probably be ready to sell mine. I have a habit of keeping my toys about that long. LOL!

I also have some conflicting information about whether or not they are going to make a 2008 S3. The service advisor at the dealer told me they are not. I read somewhere on the internet that they are. I have not had a chance to call my friend that owns the dealership to ask him directly, but maybe next week I will have a chance.

Old 12-17-2006, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeMS3

Hey anyone out there wanna help me out with a HID conversion. The stock lowbeam HID's as nice and all and when they flick on they're a cold blue and then warm to a white. This is nice and I am not looking to be a gaudy blue purple thing but i want something alot brighter. I am not really sure how to go about the install aside from having it done at the local speedshop. MAzda does'nt supply directinos they say it's dangerous. WOOO If i'ma get brighter light a shock or two is worth it! lol There are Mazda3's rolling around town with hella awesome HID's and i wanna know what they are, and how, it sure is'nt stock. Thanks

PS if you have links to these things that'd be great, but i'ma good listener.
here is what I'm gettting

eBay Motors: JDM 6K 8000K D2S HID Bulbs Mazdaspeed3 Mazda3 04 05 06 (item 1300

Old 12-18-2006, 10:44 AM

Looks good and 'the price is right'. I'll be searching around for information on the swap. It does look like a much more in depth process, from my vantage point. Heck even the highbeams were a bit of a struggle with the surronding's being so close. I fear removal of the head lamp it'self may be included. ICK Last thing i wanna do is mess with the position on the headlamps and then be forever pissed cause it is'nt just right. I'm so so very critical with stuff like that. Thanks for the link there i saw the auction was almost over i don't know ebay that well so i'll have to check it out later with the buy now thing. But i got the vendors name. Thank you.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:58 PM

I'm in the Greensboro, NC area. I've had my sliver GT speed3 for 11 days and have 425 miles on it. No issues with anything except front brake dust. I dealt with the same on my old Ford Focus until switching to Mintex pads - I'm sure somebody will turn up an alternative to oem pads at some point to remedy this.

So far, the car is great! Practical, power, handling, sleeper looks, price - it's exactly the car I've wanted for quite a while - considered GTI, but even the dealer sales guy admitted to strange electrical issues at times - also hated plaid interior and $3k for leather option package ( with other stuff of course ) was just too much$$. Subaru WRX wagon was also more money and with the front hood scoop, I didn't like the look. Backseat room was also inferior to the speed3.

Can't wait to get out of this meeting at work and take the long way home..............

Old 12-18-2006, 08:07 PM

Hey bro, I am over here in Winston-Salem! Contrats!
ORIGINAL: silverspeed3

I'm in the Greensboro, NC area. I've had my sliver GT speed3 for 11 days and have 425 miles on it. No issues with anything except front brake dust. I dealt with the same on my old Ford Focus until switching to Mintex pads - I'm sure somebody will turn up an alternative to oem pads at some point to remedy this.

So far, the car is great! Practical, power, handling, sleeper looks, price - it's exactly the car I've wanted for quite a while - considered GTI, but even the dealer sales guy admitted to strange electrical issues at times - also hated plaid interior and $3k for leather option package ( with other stuff of course ) was just too much$$. Subaru WRX wagon was also more money and with the front hood scoop, I didn't like the look. Backseat room was also inferior to the speed3.

Can't wait to get out of this meeting at work and take the long way home..............

Old 12-19-2006, 12:38 AM

Thanks - I see from the "mazda 3 age thread" you're also in the over 40 crowd - you've got a few on me though!

ORIGINAL: zoomzoomwannabe

Hey bro, I am over here in Winston-Salem! Contrats!

Old 12-19-2006, 12:48 AM

Guys.... umm yea. Sit down. Heres the first intake i found that actually states for the Mazdaspeed3. Um drool. It's currentlly outofstock, so hopefully will be avail soon, but it does exist!!

http://www.cp-e.com/2101.html

Old 12-19-2006, 02:31 AM

I am in email contact with CPE on the installs, availibility and their setup as far as possibly them installing. I'll let you know what i find but i have heard good thinga about them before.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:10 AM

Stuff looks sweet I like that blow off valve kit.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread