Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

Congratulations Captain!

Old 12-24-2006, 10:49 AM

I finally got my speed3. I got a black mica GT with chrome door. They car is just gorgeous. I made out too. I got to keep my stock rims when I traded in my golden 3 and got just about what i wanted on my tade ( I wanted almost 14k). I am very happy. I cant wait to tint her after the holidays and add some small details to her.

ORIGINAL: Captain GJ

Just picked up my silver MS3 GT today and wow, what a car! Only thing, and I think I heard that this was normal, was that the engine was giving off a very peculiar smell after I got it home. Other than that it seems to be great. Shifter isn't too bad. It took some getting used to, but then again I havn't driven a stick in 2 years.
Congrats! Yeah the smell is normal for new cars. I think its something they spray on the cars for shipment.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:16 PM

question does the speed3 BOV vent to atmosphere or recirculate?

mike

Old 12-24-2006, 03:25 PM

Has anyone heard of a chip for this car yet? I've looked everywhere but I don't think they are available yet.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:47 PM

Looks like we have several proud new owners. Congrats to all.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:47 PM

i will be getting my black speed 3 GT in a week or so, very excited. i am going to tint it too, wondering how dark to go? only thing in NJ is you cant have the front windows tinted but i did it with my last car and never really had a problem, just had to take it off to pass inspection years later.

Cobbtuning.com will be making an accessport for that car, they have had a lot of success with subaru and i think they really know what they are doing. i am most interested in just getting mazdaspeed accessories such as the CAI and the Catback exhaust.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:56 PM

It dumps back into the system truered. If you remove the intercooler cover it's easily visable, accessable, and replacable. check out www.cp-e.com . I have yet to find out the effect of this on our 'quite nice for a turbo' 5yr 60kmile powertrain warranty. I'll let you know, keep me informed, The only reason i wanna replace it is the fact that the OEM is plastic and well, plastic is plastic. It's been found that this car will spike boost to 16 and then drop down to like 11 and then level out. I know it has different spool patterens for each of the first four gears but this still cannot be good. One thing is most likely not being able to hold boost. So i'm gonna replace it. It's easy to bolt on with the custom flange. Maximum boost FTW. Plus it'll give the option for about 15.6 lbs of boost to be exhaled to the atmosphere and give away your sleeperness........I'll be hooking it up for recycle. I love this BOV topic any other thoughts, ideas or questions to throw around lets have em!!!

And for the love of Mazdaspeed, sticky this thread lol!!

Old 12-24-2006, 08:12 PM

forget the sleeper stuff , Every magazine has this car featured. Mine is going to sing a song that says, come get some hahahaha! it to cool not to VTA . check this video of a mps3 giving a SRT-8 a hard time with a BOV. Dogfishhead what's up I"m in south jersey! where you at?

YouTube - Charger SRT-8 vs C32AMG, MS3, 350Z

Old 12-24-2006, 08:16 PM

i will also reduce the battery weight from 40lbs to 15lbs. also fine some lite 18 " rims

Old 12-24-2006, 08:20 PM

my order went in today for the BOV kit for my speed. I can't wait. I just had all the window tinted with 20% for $200. I just got a passport 8500 x50 for christmas. I will soon have a pic up.

mike

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread