Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owner's Thread

So you have to pay $3500 in insurance for 1 car??? that is crazy!!! how old are you?

Old 01-03-2007, 04:24 PM

Yes the soot wipes off easily its just something you will get used to doing. I live in the south that would explain why the prices for insurance are cheaper.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:26 PM

Man that is a HIGH premium. Yeah how old are you and do you have points?

Old 01-03-2007, 04:44 PM

30. No points. I live near Philly in Delaware. Anyone else in the area get a quote?

Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 PM

alright, the only reason my quote changed from having a bottom of the line 3 to have the MS3 is because i added gap insurance(you learn about this the hard way when someone hits you and totals your car and then you need to pay $1500 out of pocket for something thats not your fault at all.) the MS3 is not boosting up insurance that much because it is really just being considered a four door hatchback, and not a pocket rocket. im at like $120 a month, at 26 years old in NJ. so go figure, and more importantly do your research online.

the exhaust pipe is such an issue, i forgot about it for a couple days, cleaned it today and drove to a meeting 7 miles away and back and it already looked like **** again.

i love the car more and more everyday. around 350 miles on it, once i get to about 600, im going to let loose and let the car "show me what its got"

Old 01-03-2007, 11:15 PM

Well dogfish, hang on tight buddy. If you have'nt swung it to 6k 6 times in a row yet you'r in for a BIG suprise. Torque is RIGHT there when your comming off of 6. Much more efficient than short shifts, you'll see if you race anyone. And don't bother above 6, turbo does'nt want to keep up, and it does'nt need to just hit a gear and hold on.

SOOT. Yea it sucks. But my dealer here told me that it's in large part our fuel mixture and thati will definatly see a difference come spring. As for easy cleaning, yea it wipes off easy enough but after 2200 miles it's obvious it'll need a bi-monthly if not monthly chrome polish job.

As for the insurance deal, yea man shop around, wow. I'm 22, male, 2 points total from two seperate occasions, And I still pay only 600 every six months. That's 20 dollars a year more than i insured my 2003 Protege5 for, and almost exactly what a regular 3 would be. So we are so very lucky it's being filed into the same spot as the reg Mazda3. phew.

Have I mention'd lately how much I love our cars!!! As an update for you guys on my ride, I've decided solidly now that the Mazdaspeed Exhaust and Intake will be added when they are availible. No more thinking about it lol. And I'm gonna contact Main Street Speed Sound and Service Performance Center in Damascus, MD. My buddy at work had them do alot of work on his prelude, and it's quality stuff. THey have an in flor dyno and i wanna see what i'm getting to the wheels. I am almost certain 263 is at the crank cause Speed 6's dyno runs are lower at the wheel than they are rated. I'm curious about before and after numbers.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:20 PM

check out cobbs dynos, they are low 200s at the wheels, but its at high altitude which i guess makes a difference. good stuff, im right there with you on mazdaspeed accessories.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:41 PM

this a dyno on a mazdaspeed3 with xede installed. keep in mind this is just tune . no after market parts.

http://www.bellengineering.net/Image...ockandXede.jpg

mike

Old 01-04-2007, 03:51 AM

Wow I guess I will be in for a surprise too I have had mine since Oct, and only take it the most to 4k I really baby it only 1700 miles.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:49 AM

The company I work for has a deal with Travelers Insurance. I have a blanket policy for my home and autos. I have a 95 Explorer 4x4 (liability only), and my 07 Speed (comp, collision, 500. ded). My premium for BOTH is $66.00 per month. It helps that I am over 40 and have no points. The other good thing, is they do a payroll deduction, so I don't have to worry about the dreaded 6 month renewal.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread