Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owner's Thread

That dyno shot with only tune is crazy. It's a shame only that much is getting to the ground but I guess it's tha way with most everything. I'm wondering now,do the test your car and useXede pretty much to re-write the computers internals to make it more efficient? That's a warranty whoops i'm sure. I HAVE to know lol, cause thats nice.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:20 AM

There was a post in the Speed3 mod's thread that's new to the forum. For the sake of muddying it up I'll respond here as i'm sure it'll be seen. Weight distribution.... I understand it, and would love to abide by it. But i don't have the mind for trying to shave weight ni certain areas. RX-8 and MR2 are good examples of great weight distribution, due to the Mid engine and Rear drives. And i'm incredibly picky and sensitive to my cars. That being said, I can't tell that it's got such a 'gross weight distribution issue'. And If a book tells you it's red but when you look at it it's green, Well, It's green. Does'nt matter much what the weight distribution is if it performs at an exceptional level. IMHO.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:07 AM

Thanks for all the feedback on the insurance issue, don't mean to highjack this thread. I've only driven beaters up untill now (well, in about 2 weeks) this will be my first newcar. Perhaps the quote was so high because I was asking for more than is needed. For example DogFishHead (great beer btw) mentioned "gap insurance". What level of insurance do you guys recommend (more than collision right?)?

Kind of sucks about the soot, but sounds worth it in the end. Can't wait to get mine.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 PM

The soot will slip your mind once you first get behind the wheel.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:20 PM

True dat. True dat.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:18 AM

Sirius: You have to push a **** to cycle through GENRE | STATION | ARTIST | SONG. Then you have to turn the know to scroll through the text if its more than 8 characters. Dude, I'm busy driving...[/align][/align]Shift ****: Its great that I can see the gear layout, but with my sweaty hands, its too slippery. I need a full on leather ****. Had a great one on my '86 T-Bird Turbo.[/align][/align]Auto-On Headlamps: Its good that they turn on by themselves. Saves me so much time. But they turn on just before I crank the engine. I know its minor, but I'd like all that juice thats going into those Xenons to help turn the motor.[/align][/align]Audio: Okay, its a little better than decent. Its missing the bottom end, but in order to add a few Hertz's they would have to add too much infrastructure; an amp, 10" driver, tuned enclosure... I like how it turns itself up when I speed up. Too bad it drowns out my Radar Detector when I need it most.[/align][/align]Exhaust Note:Its a sweet muted roar. I love the sound when I rev it up. Roar-Roar![/align][/align][/align]

Old 01-05-2007, 04:20 AM

BTW, a mountain bike fits in the back with its front wheel off.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:53 AM

another satisfied customer!

Old 01-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Man, Ferdball I'm drooling. Your ride looks awesome. Everyone should post pics.

Serious question: Do golf clubs fit in the back?

Old 01-05-2007, 07:11 PM

BTW, a mountain bike fits in the back with its front wheel off.
Ferd, thanks for researching that; I'm very glad to hear that. Taking the back wheel off was so much trouble I kind of stopped using mymtn bike except for short rides with the kids.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread