Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owner's Thread

I just got my HKS BOV, sweet can't wait to install. the brake dustis a easyfix. I purchased that dupont rim cleaner with teflon and once you treat the rim, the dust will rinse off with a garden hose

mike

Old 01-06-2007, 01:15 AM

Sweet maybe post some video of it when finished?!?! Anyone know where to inquire about Xede Tuning?

Old 01-06-2007, 02:36 AM

I just read more into the Xede and on BEGI's page. 1000.00 for the pretunes deal. I assume they send it, you install and folow the easy start instructions. Wonder what they warrant and all though. Seems steep but damn look at them number!!

Old 01-06-2007, 06:06 AM

CRAP! I just got back from a late night cruise on the town, and must report. What did i hear on the way out.... CREAK It's insanley silent around here where i live @ 3am and i have the windows up, fan off, and radio powered down. The seat squeak has struck!! I moved around and pushed on the passenger seat and i'll be damned if i could interupt it or start it. I only did if got like 30 seconds and then it was gone. I'm like "sigh ". anyone finger it out yet??? I'll add that to my list of things to do this weekend.

#37 Investigate creak in brand new car.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:06 AM

Have you tried loosening the mounting bolts, and then re-torqueing? I think I might start with that. So far, I haven't had that problem.

I had an 87 Trans Am GTA, that had a squeak in the dash that damn near drove me crazy. I even went so far as to take the dash apart, but never could find it. I had a friend drive the car while I sat in the passenger seat, with a paper towel tube to my ear, trying to find it. But it only did it when you hit a bump in the road. Finally, I just said f**k it, and put the dash back together. Then 1 day I was working under the hood, and leaned on the passenger fender just right, and guess what? Yep, it was the damn fender all along! I took the back corner mounting bolt out and slipped a thin piece of rubber between the fender and the body. NEVER squeaked again.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 PM

well I had a long talk with josh adams of custom performance. they have some very exciting stuff they are working on. forget the xede , they have something that will be half the price and perform even better. they are running test now and they said that this engine has way more then they expected. on a mild tune they got the same numbers that vishu got. the turbo is capable of much higher boost. they were able to turn off the the torque reducer in 1st and 2nd gear. This will a plug and play , piggyback type plug in for around $500 to $600. they said the intake is nasty and available now. they are also working on a FMIC and that too will be much cheaper than $1000

mike

Old 01-06-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm bouncing off the walls here. This week i start a later schedule and contacting CPE is top-o-the-list.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm loving my speed 3. However, I have a couple of questions.

First, I have noticed that early in the morning I have water condensating INSIDE my car. I have water streaks on all of my doors right below the windows. Is this normal? Do I have a seal issue on the car? Only thing I can think that my have caused this was getting my windows tinted a week ago at the dealer. The tint job done at the dealer was rather poor, with bubbles on almost all of the windows and hairline scratches found on the front and back side windows.

Second question is I noticed yesterday that my car did not seem to have the normal responsiveness in power. I was wondering if this could be cause by humidity. I live in Houston and it has been very damp here for the past dew days. I left some papers outside by acccident and came back an hour and a half later to find them soggy with moisture. Would this affect the engine performance at all?

Thanks for any help.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:33 PM

oh yeah captain

Old 01-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Sorry to hear you're having those issues there Cap'n. The condensation sounds like a mixture of the enviromentand your dealer tint job. If they left the inside of your door pretty moist, or left 'liquid' and it were to evaporate... and then your car got cold and then warm, as our weather did recently then i can imagine condensation forming inside on whatever was still cold. I'm betting they did'nt do such a hot job. I reccomend a smaller tint shop around town. They are #1 not a big dealer and are focused on you and your car, #2 Most likely won't be rushed, and #3 that's all they do everyday, gotta get good right?? We have a great place here called Sun Solutions. They did my Protege5 and it was immaculate. From day one till 3 years later Not a single bubble, No fadeing due to the metalized film. Only thing was the seam on the rear hatch because of the size of the window they had to do two sections, and that i had a hard time finding each time i looked to see if it was doing anything. Just more proof they did a good job.

Power. Mazdaspeed6 had an issue like that. Dude i wish you had'nt posted that statement, cause i would'nt have thought anything of it yesterday. I'll update, i may be thinking the same thing.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread