Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

That's a good point Bill. But having two sets would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ^^

Getting my car back tomorrow morning. For all to know, you all pretty much have and issue. Almost all. Mine threw the light and it was the Variable Intake Runner's or so i remember, If i am saying that term wrong please correct me. MAZDA is aware of the problem and will have the fix for it finished within two weeks, so says my dealer. Apparently they adjusted mine. 'open' 2mm. I do believe open and i'm hoping that that means more air flow. He said it meant that but not a whole lot. I asked about performance differences and he was'nt clear on it but said that if you ran auto cross you might notice, and that you'd have to run the **** outa it to tell. Well, DUH! lol but i did'nt wanna give him that impression. Hey, its broken in and skill beats tenderness always. Any who way, just about all of them are supposed to be at risk of fault but all you'll be able to tell is a damned yellow light shining at you. Just a heads up but your dealers should already be aware.

When asked if it was going to be a recall issue he said at this point all they wanna do is have the fix ready and administer as needed. hohum At least i get to play this weekend!!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 PM

i wana buy a bov for my speed 3 heard some bad things about it that u loose power is that true?and is hks the best performance and sounding.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:22 AM

If you dump to atmosphere of course that air is'nt being reused and essentially the spooling starts from scratch, sorta. Recirculating lets that blown off air had back to the turbo and so keeps the spool time down.Anyone else explain it better, and i am sure you can, please do so. It's a small difference if you really have no interest in speed, but since your modifying it i assume you do. Then running in recirc mode is only benifiting in one way. The stock valve is plastic. Need i say more. And after time or under more boosting that plastic valve can leak your precious compressed air. Obviously not cool, but should'nt be a prob for any of us right now. atmosphere to my knowledge is just to sound cool. and currently there are'nt any BOV kits for the speed3 that can be run atmosphere without throwing CEL's all over the place. THat's why most of them are comming equipped for both modes untill a computer mod can be completed. Enter www.CP-E.com. So yea your right but it's about the same amount of difference as the leaking a smidge of your boost would be. Critical to some of us and dynos, but for other's, who gives. ^^

And if you wannalet out the awesome turbo sounds just get a CAI. Pop your air box once inb a controlled and decently clean enviroment and rev itup,you hear it dumping back in and the spool up is spin tinglingly awesome. ^^

Old 01-20-2007, 06:18 AM

DONT YOU LOVE THAT GOOD OLE CEL LIGHT CANT WAIT TILL I GET IT OFF

Old 01-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Read this article http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...yno/index.html

ORIGINAL: boost3

i wana buy a bov for my speed 3 heard some bad things about it that u loose power is that true?and is hks the best performance and sounding.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:12 PM

I'm pressed for time and will prolly come up with something else to say about that article but for now, who else thinks that was a bit biased??

Old 01-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Old 01-20-2007, 10:08 PM

I had seena few other poorly documented tests and began to think that our Speed3's had a huge loss through powertrain but did'nt want to believe it because i've driven cars with almost thing much power on hand and some over it and it just feel damn near what Mazda claims. If this guy is legit then my thought are put to rest. 255whp and 282 wtq. Holy crap. I now feel like i did 6 months ago when i was trying to pry info out of coporate mazda and planning my attack on the local dealer!!!! Boost FTW!

Old 01-20-2007, 10:29 PM

Good article. It was also interesting to read what the Evo guys posted about the info.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:01 PM

mikems3 or whoever. Is it worth buying a blow off valve for the car.and would u hear the sound off the blow off valve with the recirculation parts.i love the sound but want to keeop the boost up and not let it drop liek u said wiht the plastic stock ****.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread