Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

If your staying stock, and going to have it recirculating either way, i say no. It's not worth it. It's performing the same function and noone has given any proof that the stock valve is inferior. It is however obvious that after a few mods and tunes it has the potential to bleed under pressure. So it's not a bog deal at all. The more i think about it the more i am going with 'no' for mine. Until it's shown that it's a prob in my specific dynos i won't replace it. As for the sound i doubt you'd hear anthing more than your stock setup. Like i said in a previos post adding the cold air intake is a much better bang for those bucks. More power and more cool turbo sounds. I won't fault you for doing it but i personally will upgrade elsewhere.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:35 AM

Hey REdline, you gonna start her up ever couple days over the winter months??

Old 01-21-2007, 01:13 PM

Overall, I really haven't seen many articles out there that have bad things to say about the MS3. Is it bias... yeah maybe... who knows... who cares...

I'd leave the BOV alone untill u do other mods to it as well-agreed!

Initially I wanted to get a battery tender.... I have not acted on this.... Although I have been moving it in and out the garage recently just because we've been doing some body work on the CRX....
I'm not sure how much benefit you get from just having the car start up and sit in idle because nothing else is getting warmed up... I can not start the car and take it on a small drive like some recommend because its not on the road.....I'm also concerned (AKA ****) over flat spots..not just having it sit in the cold-so i have it sitting on carpets in the garage....

Old 01-21-2007, 01:32 PM

Well it sounds like you care about it and are aware so that's all that matters ^^. My father has a bettery tender on his bike, guess they work out pretty well. Infourtunatly mine won't get the privilage of sitting out the nasty stuff but like someone said in response to my steel rim question, it's not gonna do much here in my area. Althought ironically after saying that, tonight is supposed to be the fisrt bit of winter weather for us. Laters.

PS we should petition CP-E to post those friggan sound clips of their intake!! lol J/K

Old 01-21-2007, 03:18 PM

CEL at 440 miles. Car seems to run fine. Will have to wait until this Saturday to get to the dealer in New Orleans. (GO SAINTS)

Old 01-21-2007, 05:12 PM

i just found out the Speed3 is the quickest FF car EVER MADE.
and its also the cheapest 155mph car u can get in North America.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:13 PM

Hey guys, just bought my MS3 last week...~400 miles so far with no issues. Thanks for this forum...there's alot of great info on here about the vehicle.

Have any of you had issues with wheel spin in the cold weather. I had it out this morning, and it was spinning the wheels pretty easily...no ice or snow on the road, butit was pretty cold. I'm thinking about getting a set of winter wheels/tires...any recommendations...

Old 01-22-2007, 12:19 AM

Uber power + FWD = Wheel spin. You definatly need to get used to it cause when matted it will spin first and second without a second thought. Then the nanny comes in and busts the party. Penalty, less boost. Come out of 1st just before 5k. And um for the love of all things Mazda, break it in a lil ! lol 400miles and testing the traction control? Fun times I know but be kerrfull ^^ peace

Old 01-22-2007, 07:21 AM

They are called "summer tires" for a reason. Glad you like the car. I think all of us are happy with our decision to buy the MS3.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Any word on a release date/price for the intake/exhaust from Mazdaspeed?

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread