Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 AM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

Here are more pics

[IMG]local://upfiles/6623/5C53C025223E416A80DA77CC8850545F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6623/6A5778DC9DFE41768F5D3C4009BD2F7A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2006, 04:24 AM

how much boost can this car handel safely and 1.4 mile times

Old 11-28-2006, 07:10 AM

Get the GT. It is well worth the extra money.

So far I have read no negative reviews about the S3. All I can say, is that I really enjoying driving the car. Every single person that I have taken for a ride, has been totally impressed. It really is a lot of car for the money.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:05 PM

Has anyone found/searched for perfromance parts for the MS3? I want to get one, but being an avid autoxer i know I will need stiffer dampers, better brake pads and possibly a beefier RSB. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've spoken with Koni, Hawk, Tein, Hotchkis and AEM and no one has anything in development or planned (actually Koni specifically said they are exluding the MS3 parts from development!).

Old 11-29-2006, 02:06 AM

I put a deposit on a black GT today, very excited. expect to get it first week in january. only things i am thinking about doing are blacking out the wheels and putting a 12 inch sub in the back

Old 11-29-2006, 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: oneday

Has anyone found/searched for perfromance parts for the MS3? I want to get one, but being an avid autoxer i know I will need stiffer dampers, better brake pads and possibly a beefier RSB. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've spoken with Koni, Hawk, Tein, Hotchkis and AEM and no one has anything in development or planned (actually Koni specifically said they are exluding the MS3 parts from development!).

WHAT??? Koni is EXCLUDING the MS3??? WTF??

There is very little available at the moment for the car. I've been looking for stuff for 2 weeks and have found virtually nothing. To be honest, I don't think you'll need to change much for Auto-X. Some of the reviews I've read said the car is spectacular as-is.

BTW, first post, and I put down a deposit on a red MS3 GT a couple of weeks ago and it's due to come in end of this week. The dealer has had a Sport MS3 in red for two weeks and is still avail for some reason. Dealer told me everyone wants black or silver. Aren't there enough silver cars on the road? It's time to be an attention ***** with that beautiful, bright red!

I'm moving from VWs for the first time in nearly a decade. I have a 337 (almost sold) that I absolutely LOVE, but is not a practical family car (we just had a baby) given it's set up like a race car and is 2-door. The MS3 won out over an Audi A3 since it has a lot more room and costs $4k less. I'll miss my GTI, but on't miss VW's crappy service and their new MKV line looks hideous. I can't wait to bring my car to Limerock, NHIS and Watkins Glen next year.....

Old 11-29-2006, 08:55 PM

I would have been glad to take a red one. But my dealer only had black and silver. I took the black. Actually it is black metallic and kind of looks navy blue at night.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:04 AM

I just took delivery of my true red m3. It's my first mazda. I had a 2006 evo ix. I had to get rid of it. I got way to much attention in it and the insurance didn't help either. OH but I do miss the speed. Not to say that the mazdaspeed is not fast. I really like the speed3 much more then my evo ix .The speed has amazing torque curve. I got the true red GT. I went to the dealer and asked for one and he said that the wait would be 3 to 5 months. but he had a customer who ordered one and felt it to be to small so I bought it that same day. lucky me. I can't wait for the tuner kit to come out. anyway that's my story.

mike

Old 12-03-2006, 04:27 PM

congrats and welcome!

Old 12-04-2006, 09:31 AM

Tomorrow, I will be taking my car back to the dealership to have the hatch glass replaced. About 4 days after I bought it, I found some scratches in the glass. The car had been in my garage since the day I bought it (due to the fact I had the flu), so I know there is no way it could have happened after I bought it. The reason I didn't see them before is because of the tint. To see them from the outside is difficult and you have to look at an angle. But from the inside the are quite visible. I found them the first time I was cleaning the glass.

The dealership immediately agreed to replace the glass, and give me a loaner car to boot. Of course, the owner is a friend of mine, and he knows I would not BS him, so that helped.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread