Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

I don't have anything to back this up...just a thought and maybe full of ****.....but is it possible that the people who got the 1st wave of MS3s are getting the CELs than the 2nd wave-and somehow somewhere in production this was corrected?

What do you guys consider break in..I've heard 900...then track people say 1000 to as high as 2000...

I can't wait till summer time cruises....specially since mazdapalooza was out of the question....

Yeah....what's up with mazdaspeed parts??? That 30HP wouldn't be a bad thing so early in the game even if it only peaks at full throttle... besides I'd like to do something over winter thats more than just sight and sound...anyone tried any aftermarkets?

Old 01-22-2007, 09:14 PM

mine is geting ready to turn 1000, so I think it is time to wind it up a bit

Old 01-22-2007, 11:29 PM

I turned over 1300 the other day.

I for one wouldn't be getting any aftermarket/OEM performance parts because as is, the FWD can't handle anymore power basically. Waste of money.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: zoomzoomwannabe

They are called "summer tires" for a reason. Glad you like the car. I think all of us are happy with our decision to buy the MS3.
Yeah I understand they have summer tires, but I've driven plenty of vehicles with summer tires here in Michigan, and none have been this bad. I'm just saying that I was barely into the throttle from a standing start and they were spinning pretty easily. I think I'm definitely going to get some winter tires...

Old 01-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Toyo Proxes FZ4's do alright in the snow (I'm in S.E. Mi), but the Dunlop wintersport M3's on my wife's car are night/day difference.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:00 PM

I wouldn't go that far. It depends on when/how you use the extra HP. Anyway, I don't intend on changing mine either (other than maybe the wheels).
ORIGINAL: Draconius

I turned over 1300 the other day.

I for one wouldn't be getting any aftermarket/OEM performance parts because as is, the FWD can't handle anymore power basically. Waste of money.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:25 PM

Extra power could always be used at highway speeds. It's just down low, getting off the line that FWD suffers from physics.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

Extra power could always be used at highway speeds. It's just down low, getting off the line that FWD suffers from physics.
and high speed turns.

Is there any plans on a Short Shifter? That is actually the only mod I could see doing to this.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:55 PM

Well, looks like I am soon to be an owner of a Mica Blue Speed 3. I canceled my order on a Saturn Sky Redline - interminable wait - (not really a practical vehicle anyway!) after visiting the Mazda Dealer and viewing a Mazdaspeed 3. It seems as though this could be a great decision - lots of luggage space and some serious performance. I feel like this car seems to combine practicality with performance. My reasoning may be flawed but I am delighted this vehicle will carry two sets of golf clubs!

Dealer says it should arrive in a few weeks.

I look forward to reading about the car and others opinions.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Funkywinkerbean

Well, looks like I am soon to be an owner of a Mica Blue Speed 3. I canceled my order on a Saturn Sky Redline - interminable wait - (not really a practical vehicle anyway!) after visiting the Mazda Dealer and viewing a Mazdaspeed 3. It seems as though this could be a great decision - lots of luggage space and some serious performance. I feel like this car seems to combine practicality with performance. My reasoning may be flawed but I am delighted this vehicle will carry two sets of golf clubs!

Dealer says it should arrive in a few weeks.

I look forward to reading about the car and others opinions.
You will NOT be dissappointed in your decision at ALL! The speed 3 is awesome. As for the clubs, they won't fit in the "trunk" but fit across the back seats perfectly., or folding a seat down and then in the "trunk"

My only problem with my MS3 is that it is Arrest me Red. I would have LOVED to have Black on Black! Or the Grey.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread