Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

So far, I haven't had any additional problems with the SEI. But, I haven't driven it much since the repair was made. I only have about 1,200 miles on the car. When spring/summer gets here, I intend to drive it quite a bit more.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:10 PM

Hey Zoom, Dictionary, Silver, and any other Carolina 'Speeders, anyone thinking of going to VIR for the Rolex cup race at the end of April?
There should be lots of teams there running Mazdas in the GT classes. Let me know - I don't know nor have I seen a single Speed3 since I got mine in early November.

Mark (VASpeed3)

Old 02-09-2007, 03:31 PM

Do you have a link with the details? I would appreciate it if you could post it.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:54 PM

sure. www.virclub.com. look on the calendar of events. there will also be links to the Grand American racing site. which you may want to check out for more details on the events that weekend at VIR as well as those at other tracks at other times.

This is one place you can find out about club racing too. I plan to wring my MS3 out on this track to see how it handles at 11/10ths!!

Old 02-09-2007, 05:05 PM

thanks bro!!

Old 02-09-2007, 06:18 PM

vaspeed3- thanks, i will check it out.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:21 PM

unfortunately, i will be out of town for work during the last week of April...sucks to be me.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:17 AM
iak
Default Photo Request

Do any of you have some pics of the hatch area empty, and with the seats folded down?

I'm looking into the practical aspects of this car (which is one reason I am leaning against the Mini Cooper which might hold my shaving kit and nothing more).

I love the idea of a stealth hatchback. Like when some SUV is tailgating my ***, and then entera twisting freeway onrap only to leave the SUV in the dust.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:23 AM
iak

ORIGINAL: Draconius

ORIGINAL: BloodandThunder

Just traded in my 02 civic si for a MS3 GT, sunlight silver. Wow. Forget all of the reviews that anoint this vehicle. Forget all the numbers. The only way you can truly appreciate this car is to drive it. Wow. I can't even believe I got approved on the loan. I'm friggin' stoked. I think I'm gonna go take lunch from work right now just so I can drive my MAZDASPEED3!
Just be careful...I got a ticket from the glorious turbo...
You can get a speeding ticket in any car, but if your car is attracting attention (ricer styling, red paint, spoilers), you can expect to get more tickets than someone who is speeding all the time in a Buick. To a cop, the 3Speed will probably look to him like any other Mazda 3 econobox... which is a huge reason this car appeals to me so much!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 AM
iak
Default No alarm

The sport model does not come equipped with a car alarm, which is the only one available at my local dealer. Any after market suggestions for a good alarm?

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread