Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Default RE: No alarm

I dont think the GT model has a top notch security system either, it probably just has that **** if you open up the doors, no shock sensor or anything like that.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:23 PM

LoJack

Old 02-11-2007, 01:30 PM

can anyone explain how the 'alarm' works on the GT. One night it started sounded the horn i was out getting things fromt he car on a quick stop hom and i can't remember the situation with the key and such but the car was definatly off. It confused me and since then i've kinda wondered.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:00 PM

you hit panic button

Old 02-12-2007, 04:06 AM

What's up everyone. Mazdaspeed 3 sports Black mica stealth bomber reporting.

I'm new here, just joined a week ago. it took me that long to read all the post all the way from september. Seems like we have a growing community here. About the CEL, my lights came on too (around300 mi.), but my friend tighened up the gas cap and it disappeared and hasnt come back since (now have 4200 mi.)
I have black soot on my pipes like everybody else. I heard squeaks from my brakes, but went away, only on cold temp/start. I'd miss 3rd gear on spirited driving (happened twice). I learned how to drive manual 1 1/2 mo. ago. Someone here with great MT experience missed 3rd gear too like i did, I thought it was just because I'm a new MT driver, but maybe that's the reason for me. '
No mods for me yet, there's nothing out there in the market, some dumb parts clerk from the dealer thought that mazdaspeed for regular 3 is the mazdaspeed accessories I want for my speed 3. I spanked an Si already, made a porche driver scratch his head and shredded the twisty mountain road up in west orange. This car is fun to drive. I dont mean to sound arrogant.
I dont think it's that bad with the snow, I just go up to 3rd gear as soon as I can to prevent wheel slippage in the snow (without revving high). The gas mileage is kindbad, kinda far below the posted mpg. But I can live with it. It's worth it.

I'm from north jersey, I saw one speed 3 on the road so far, a silver one. It's great to have a forum like this.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:54 AM

There's a meet coming up this weekend the 17th for any NorCalians...It'll be at the Malibu Grand Prix in Redwood City...I'll be back later to post time of meet...More than likely the afternoon...Mark it on your calendars...Hope to see you there...

Old 02-13-2007, 06:36 AM

Bro, I would LOVE to be in Cali this weekend. But I am STUCK here in NC. Hey, it could be worse. I could be in NY, buried under 100+ inches of snow.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:43 AM

Check this out.... my car is finisfed already...... Weird. He said it'd be a long process. Makes me wonder. Had some sort of intake manifold accuator replaced. I think that's the one that mazda has the fic for. And the intake manifold is squared away, not too sure what was done, but before it was'nt fully funtional. They tell me they switched to synthetic trans-fluid, so i hope i can trust them to have actually done it. For 134.00usd they had better have done it, So theres my first mod to the car, synthetic trans-gunk. I won't get to drive it till tomorrow morning which yippie should be when we're measuring a foot of snow. Supposed to go out with the tech to experience a few cold shifts. Maybe i don't know how to drive.....we'll see.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Why are you paying for warranty work?

Old 02-13-2007, 07:26 PM

I was wondering the same thing

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread