Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Default RE: Port delivery

I ordered a black MAZDASPEED3 GT and mine is "on the water" as well. He said it would be 3 to 4 weeks for delivery. I can't wait...

Old 02-22-2007, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Funkywinkerbean

Black Diamond,

Just out of curiosity, you say the dealer gave you a "loaner". My dealer offered the same thing to me provided I give him my trade then. I said no - (not that I dont trust dealers, but...) and will keep my car until the MS3 actually arrives - if it arrives....

I asked my insurance company about that situation and they reminded me that I must cancel my insurance on my car when I trade it in and that I should be cautious about a "loaner" unless it comes with full insurance (liability especially) which may cost extra above what the dealer carries.

Good luck on getting your car "off the water"!
I actually called State Farm from the dealer and confirmed my coverage. They assured me that I was covered in the "loaner" and didn't need to do anything until the new car arrived.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:23 AM

Earlier, I had posted a thread about my black car, and the problems I was having with hairline scratches. I am happy to report the problem is solved. I buffed it out using "Pinnacle's Advanced Swirl Remover", and followed it with their polish. Finished it off with a coat of "Meguiar's Gold Class" wax. Now, she is as slick as glass, and not a swirl or hairline to be found. I drove it to work on Monday, and everybody that walked by it stopped and looked. Makes a great car look even better.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:47 AM

My car is now officially on U.S. soil.

I'm going to be talking to a local detailer about polycoating the car. I have seen the results on other cars and it was amazing and lasts for years.

Question: What are you all planning to run for oil in the engine? My dealer offers Redline and the standard service is Quaker State products. I know I want synthetic, but after that I'm not sure which way to go. It seemsthat having Redline in the turbo would be a great ideal.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM

I use Mobile One. In my mazda and used to use it in my honda also. Very good synthetic.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Mobil one has always gone in all my cars.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 PM

Hello all. OK count me in. I just put a downpayment on a MS3 GT order. Now all I have to do is decide on a color. Arrest me red and dirty black are out. So what do you folks think. I am leaning toward cosmic blue since there are already so many silver cars on the road and I wanted something different. I have only seen the blue in pictures.I do not want to see it in person and be disapointed.
Any opinions. How about pics of your cars?
I cannot wait. Dealer said 6-8 weeks!
Thanks

Old 02-24-2007, 02:25 AM

Randa let me see if i can round up a few pics for you tomorrow.
RACING STORY!! >>>

I was out on the dual tonight and could'nt find anyone to talk to, race or even look at for that matter. Thenit happened. A pack of about 25 cars was comming the other direction (counted later on in the ride). I catch the nxt U-turn and catch up. We got R32's a ton of integras, jettas, two gen 3 MR2's and a yellow cobaltSS. And me. I hang with the pack from out west, through town and then out towards I-70. At this point i'm toying around by myself but of course anyone looking would've seen me giddily wasting fuel. I take the shot that someone might be interested and signal for the freeway, Bingo. Bagged a CobaltSS. Ironically the same one i'd race once before.... the only race i'd made in this car. SUWEET. 55mph, 3rd,no traction control.I let him edge up and horn twice. Then beep...beep...bee-go! Even start. I though for sure he was gonna take me the instant we started and then no, and then yes, and then 5th was my ticket to a win.

He did quite wellin hanging with me, and i was feeling good about it as a whole. Then all of the sudden as i'm slowing from 130, and wondering if he'll come uip and talk, WHOOSH. He shot between me and the car next to me, i was dumbfounded and did'nt realize it was a car till he was weaving into the cars ahead, eventually making it to the shoulder and continuing. I brought it to a cruise controlled 65 and tried to wipe the astonishment off my face. I assume he thought he'd lost with his buddy in the car, but damn he almost toook out a bunch of people in his fit of rage.

Next exit, and back to the dual. Got the pack again,, in a lucky timing. meet the stock looking R32 that sounded all but stock and he asked my if i'd just raced a yellow cobalt and i'm like... "possibly" smiling and wondering if this was like a sting or something. It was'nt. They were his friends and they already heard. They asked what i'd done to the car and when i replied that it was completly stock one nodded at me and the other said 'good lord' laughing kinda surprised..

Note that the SS had intake, exhaust and a stage I kit, what ever that is

Old 02-24-2007, 02:59 AM

The photos are not appearing in the post. I'll try again in the morning.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:08 PM

Bro,

That is why i DO NOT street race. That stupid bastard could have killed some innocent people.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread