Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Default RE: Port delivery

ORIGINAL: zoomzoomwannabe

Bro,

That is why i DO NOT street race. That stupid bastard could have killed some innocent people.
I wish there was a cop there to take your car away. TAKE IT OFF THE F*CKING STREET!!!

If anything were to happen to that other dude I would lay guilt on you as well for instigating the race. Do not hink like what you did was right. Afterall, YOU were the one that put him in that fit of rage.

I hate street racers with a passion.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:28 PM

hey mikems3 my check engine light keeps going on and off too. and it does at time feel like there is a loss of power. one minute the car is a beast , then the next it seem like a civic screaming to move. It's weird and I'm sending it to mazda to be checked

Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 PM

I have the same problem with my black mica. The swirl and scratches are easily seen. I went to a hand car wash and when I came out I see a lot of scratches. It must have been their dirty cloth or maybe they didnt wash off the dirt before they lather in the soap. I had to call them and they asked me to come back and show them. A waste of time really. But I'll just do what you did with your black mica. Sounds like a solution. Thanks

Old 02-24-2007, 10:13 PM

Well it was inevitalble that i get flamed in this forum. Cherry popped. Keep in mind we were staring at almost a mile of empty and well it freeway, clean clear and dry. I was slowed to the traffic pace when i got to it. I've raced twice now in my life. I'll get to tieing my noose, cause it seems I should be sent to the gallows. I am a Commercial truck driver. I see alot of **** you can't even imagine people would do. on 22 18 10 4 or even 2 wheels people are ignorant and suck. And all think they are the king of the road. In this situation It was like being at the drag strip. Where i'm sure alot of you would like to go. I am NOT a 'street racer'. to the other owners of Speed3's i ask expecting no response, how fast have you confirmed you car is able to travel. Basically the same thing. So sure, i could have lost control and slamed into the median mountains. I could have gotten a ticket for speeding or my car taken away. But sao could i at 68mph in a 65mph zone.

So I apologize for causing all of the illegal action that eve.And for causing someone to be unsafe. I apologize for pissing him off. I apologize for making him go between two vehicles in two lanes at triple digit speed. I apologize. And on top of the apologetic feelings, i almost don't care what you think of me, but then I do signal, i do merge, i do obey the laws, i do force my passengers to buckler up, i check my tire tread each month, perform routine maintenace, clean windows for ample view, never tailgate, slide over a lane to allow merging traffic to enter without second thought, slow instead of race to pass before the rest of the pack gets by, and so i can't help but respond when you make me out to be some peice of **** whom you despise and had to slam down in your self rightousness before knowing all the facts, before trying to take the calm and informative route of how racing is not safe and is very illegal.

Thanks for setting me straight.

And please i've lost two good friends of mine to automobile accidents. One was hit by a DUI driver and the other fell asleep at the wheel. Are you going to tell me that my friend since middle schoolwas a bad person for not resting more? Are you going to fault her?

Street Raers, people who would'nt know a law if it hit them, and people who have fun are all different, Except for one thing. They all run the risk of an accident, and losing their life when they get behond the wheel of their 3000lb missle.

i'm sure you'll lob more fireballs over my castle wall so i'll say now this is all i'm going to respond and all i need to say.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:21 PM

Truered> Hey man sorry you are having this issue. Mine was never really timespans of weak or brutal power. My issue similar to yours was a cut in power, undfer acceleration. More likea missing all four firse for a round. The main issue and cause of the others was an Intake Manifold Accuator. As you can probably imagine that would'nt do anything positive for your efficiency. Air is your friend. In my case tyhe light was going on and off because the accuator was'nt malfunctioning all the time. And so after a few different drives the computer would store the fault but ditch the CEL. Does'nt mean you can't still pull a code. And if it is that i prepare you for haveing it adjusted. Something that may fix it forever. And then if occurs again, and then again like me lol they'll ship it in from mazda. But the parts very limited in number. Hope that helps, a bit in guiding the service team.This problem is well known by mazda by the way. If theres anything else i can help with or maybe even hook you up with my dealers info, lemme know.goodluck

Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 AM

Street racing often proves nothing more, than who is willing to take the bigger risk. Perhaps you are "careful", but as you witnessed, others aren't. I am not judging you, only offering my opinion, and experience of more than 30 years behind the wheel.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:38 PM

Hello everyone
New here. I am still trying to decide which color to get for my speed3. Can anyone post some pics of their cosmic blue speed 3s?
Thanks
Randy

Old 02-25-2007, 01:45 PM

when your ahead with 3 car lengths or so the race is pretty much over. So that's good that you tapped the brake for the win, it could be over below 85 mph which is only 20 mph over 65mph zone. and that yellow cobalt is a punk for thinkin he can still win the race if he pass by you with triple digit speed even after you make him eat the dust. Not to condone any illegal racing here, but sometimes I feel like I have to protect the ms3's rep. But then that's unsafe really, but with condition permitting I'd like to show them one. Mike, I had a civic coupe do that to me too even after I was 7 car lengths away. I slowed down and he passed me fast, maybe he just need to take a dumb and in a hurry to get home. hehehe.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:17 PM

I think almost everyone will "toy" with their MS3 at some point.I always say it isvery important to make sure thatwhen I choose to take a risk I don't involve anyone else that didn't make aknown choice to be involved.When I had my Camaro (over two years) I think I only "raced"two people over 60 mph.

One of them was a Supercharged Mustang in Southern California. it was obvious that we both knew his car was faster and we were just having some fun together. We ended up on a divided section of freeway with nobody else around so we both had some fun.

Another time was in Washington out in the middle of nowhere. I toyed with a 70's Corvette, pulling one of the passes.

I did race someone from a light twice (same car) and we both let up about 45 mph with smiles on our faces.

Admittedly,I could have been given a "racing" ticket for all of these events, but I don't consider that I did anything that endanged anyone but myself and that was minimal as well.

While I had the Camaro a goup of friends and I did make one very stupid trip together and once we got back to town we desided that we wouldn't do it again. Too much horsepower and peer pressure turned several of them into idiots behind the wheel. This is the one thing I did in my Camaro that I regret and Iconsidered selling it when I got home.

I have about zero interest in "racing" the MS3 with the import crowd as it has been my expereince that they cannot admit defeat and as a result continue the racesto unsafe levels. I had them wanting to race my Camaro which was a complete joke to even waste my gas. My MS3 will be faster than the majority of the other imports and it is nothing compared to my nearly stock Camaro. I have several friends with "fast" cars that I'm sureI will take some road trips with, but all of them will get to drive my car and see what it is all about. It won't be about racing.

Just my two cents.

Again, the bottom line is to not involve other peoplewhen you choose to take a risk.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:32 PM

P.S. My MS3 has been "released" into the dealers inventory so they are expecting it tomorrow or Tuesday at the dealer. My wife and I noticed last night that it was listed on www.mazdausa.com in the inventory, but the dealers website doesn't show it.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread