Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Default RE: Gravel and stones

I haven't noticed it, but it would have to be related to the tires I suppose.
ORIGINAL: rellicct

does anyone else hear alot of gravel and stones being kicked up, this isnt on particularly bad road either

Old 02-26-2007, 10:25 PM

My saleman just called to let me know that the Mazda Rep visited the port today and put his eyes on my car. It is in line for the next truck and will be delivered in the morning. Tomorrow night after work the Wild Child arrives.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:33 PM

CONGRATS!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:36 AM

BD, I feel a bizarre connection exists between us.

Your delaership and salesperson were involved and genuine (supposedly) while mine were removed and disingenuous. Both have (or will) make a huge profit from our business. Your car is here (or soon to be). Mine is perpetually "on the water". The product (ego inspired transportation) is material and represents the transfer of wealth from those who toil to those who control. (oops, I temporaily reverted to my college persona!)

On a lighter note: I have seen multiple MS3's in the area but they all have sunroofs - but sunroofs are not an option - what gives?!

Anyone out there have a MS3 with a Nav system? No dealer has any inventory with Nav. I have looked at the portable aftermarket versions and they are just not as nifty! for some strange reason I enjoy having the nav system on as I drive! Can the Mazda system be installed at the dealer??

Will Jack Bauer stop the terrorists and save the day??!!

Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 AM

Are you sure that you didn't just see a regular 3 with the sunroof? It isn't an option on the MS3. There are people out there that put MS3 stuff on their 3's so that might be what youa re seeing.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:47 AM

University Mazda in Seattle has a Silver GT with the Navagation system.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Actually, I would probably not order a sunroof even if they were available as an option. I have had them on cars in the past (and on my current Jeep) but I never remember to use them! Besides, it is so hot here in Florida you keep the sunshade closed anyway.

I'll bet the sunroofs I have seen are installed at the dealer.

Now, if I could warp space and time, I would bring Seattle to Jacksonville and voila! In a parallel universe I am happily driving in my new MS3 with Nav... and Pamela is my passenger...

Dealer says I can get one with a Nav system but it means 15 weeks more!!!

The inventory search system on the Mazda website is of marginal use - it doesn't report any cars with nav within 300 miles.

The search continues...

Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Default Shifting your ms3

can you guys tell me at what rpm do you guys shift to the next gear during a normal-gas-saving drive? and at what rpm do u guys shift to the next gear to get the quickest 0-60 mph. Thanks in advance for the info. p.s. I dont stay on first gear too long during a spirited start because I get wheelhop.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:45 PM

I pick up gravels too with my ms3. everytime there is a construction site and small gravel gets to a paved road it hear them go up my wheel well. how is it bad for your car? wont it just hit your plastic wheel well?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 PM

well i am hoping that it is just the wheel well, i have been looking at the body closely and it doesnt seem to have any damage; however, i havent even had it for a week so i am still looking for scratches

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread