Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 AM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

I bought an MS3 in late Otober. I choose the silver because it is a sleeper. My 13 year old son could not understand why I bought a "Hatchback". I would never even thought of buying a Mazda except that I drove a friends MP3 that was modified and was very impressed. I did a lot of research before buying it. The engine was a proven performer. and the car in the Mazda 3 version got very high marks in the consumer reports. So from a practical point it was a no brainer. The car is a blast to drive. After being practical in company cars (the last fun car I had was a TR8 and my wifes Saab 9000cd), this car is fun. People have no idea what you are driving, and that includes the cops. I have had Tubo Mini's, G35s, GTI's and to many other cars to mention pull along side of me, or go sailing past me. It is pretty funny when they look in the rear view mirror and see me just before I blast past them. Once I have done that the fun is over and I slow down, but the look on there face when they catch up is priceless.

I do plan on changing to a short shifter, and some additional guages, but other than that I am pretty happy. I have approx 8000 miles on it now, and am now getting about 26+ miles to the gallon.

Oh yeah and now my son thinks that even though his dad is pushing 54 years old he is cool and loves the car. In fact when one of his teachers asked what he would do if there was only 4 hours before the end of the world he told her he would take his dads car for a joy ride.

Ron

Old 03-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Default List of parts from Mazda

Hi Ron,

Thanks for contacting Mazda.

Here are a list of the part numbers for the accessories that you were inquiring about:

Cold Air Intake: GRMS-8M-L29
Sport Exhaust (Cat-back Sport Exhaust): GRMS-8M-L26 Coil Over Suspension Kit: RAMS-8M-L10 Sport Spring Kit: GRMS-8M-L25

All of the above accessories can be purchased at a local Mazda dealership.

You may locate the authorized Mazda dealership that is closest to you by visiting our website at www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/loadDealerSearch.action.

Again, thank you for contacting Mazda.

Regards,

Old 03-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Default Mazdaspeed 3 turbo-back exhaust system

Revolution Performance Motorsports is very pleased to announce the release of Custom Performance Engineering's Mazdaspeed 3 turbo-back exhaust system! Made from premium quality "bright annealed" 304 stainless steel, this system is designed to last a lifetime, and produce major power! Nothing was spared when developing this exhaust system. CPE designed in many features we think our customers will appreciate. Things like high-strength TIG welds in critical areas, and stock-style stamped steel exhaust hangers are a testament to their attention to detail.
Following the same successful recipe used for the Custom Performance Engineering Mazdaspeed 6 downpipe, the Mazdaspeed 3 downpipe replaces the choked factory pipe and its two restrictive cats with one high-flow cat and a 3†mandrel-bent pipe. The catalytic converter features a high-flow, all metallic honeycomb design, making it one of the most durable converters on the market. The result is reduced backpressure, decreased turbo spool time, increased horsepower and a more aggressive sound. For an even greater dose of the same great sound and power, you can also order the downpipe without a catalytic converter (OFFROAD USE ONLY).
CPE's attention to detail paid off when they visited the dyno. With the new turbo-back installed, the Mazdaspeed 3 gained about 30 horsepower and 40 foot-pounds of torque at the wheels. But there’s more to the graphs than just the 'peak gains.' The mid-range is greatly enhanced, and notice how much quicker the power comes on. Less exhaust restriction usually reduces turbo spool-up time, and this case was no exception.
Dyno charts: Power / Torque
What is arguably the most attractive feature of the cat-back exhaust system however, is the sound. CPE sampled many different mufflers and resonators to find the optimal tone and volume that they were looking for. The combination they decided upon literally snarls when you prod the throttle, and runs to redline sound aggressive, but not "ricey" like other systems can be. But, you don’t have to take our word for it as you'll find 3 video clips here:
Videos: Standing / Takeoff / Driveby
The turbo back kit comes complete with all necessary hardware required for a complete and professional installation.
PRICING
CPE's MSRP for the downpipe with no cat is $585 plus shipping and the MSRP for the cat-back with no muffler is $606 plus shipping.
RPM's Retail price will be somewhat cheaper at $544.95 for the downpipe and $563.95 for the cat-back, with both prices including free shipping.
However, RPM is offering special introductory prices until March 7, 2007!

Downpipe: $526.95 with free shipping

URL:
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=419

Cat-back: $545.95 with free shipping
URL:
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=418

Full Turboback: $1071.95 with free shipping
URL:
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=420
Free shipping applies within the continental United states. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, Canada and elsewhere should contact us for a shipping quote.
All products are currently in production and pre-orders will begin shipping in mid-March!
Thanks,Donny
RPM

Old 03-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Default CPE XCel Cold Air Intake for the Mazdaspeed 3 features

Greetings,

Revolution Performance Motorsports is proud to introduce thefirstcold air intake for the Mazdaspeed 3.Now you can enhance your turbocharged engine by ditching the quiet and restrictive stock airbox and replacing it withthe CPE XCel Cold Air Intake system!

The CPE XCel Cold Air Intake for the Mazdaspeed 3 features 3-inch tubing with a carefully designed mass air meter housing that is guaranteed not to set a check engine light. The kit comes with the cold air intake, a high-flow conical filter, all hoses and clamps needed for a professional quality installation, as well as full color installation instructions.

The dyno charts below demonstrate the power and torque gains that you can expect to acheive. You'll notice improvement across the entire chart, but especially through the powerband, including maximum gains exceeding 25hp and 25ft/lb of torque in some places. Dyno runs were performed on a stock Mazdaspeed 3, and again with only the CPE Xcel Intake installed.

Dyno graphs: Power / Torque

You'll also find a photo of the black powdercoated version of the intake attached to this message. The black intakes will be available first, but we will also be offering a red version of the intake within a couple weeks after the initial shipment and silver will be available in limited quanitities as well. There is no additional charge for any particular color.

The MSRP for the intake is $329 plus shipping. We are introducing them at $324.95, including free shipping within the continental US and a free RPM T-Shirt.

You may order directly from our website:

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_i...roducts_id=381

To receive the free RPM T-Shirt, you must add the shirt to your shopping cart using this link and use the coupon code "FREESHIRT" at checkout. You may also order free RPM decals via this link.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Default pic

I'm tryin to post a pic of my car, but dont want to use photbucket.com cause i signed up there already and i for got my password. u guys know any other quick photo uploading sites without sign up? My car is still stock, no mods, i bought it last december. have 5500 mi. on it already. at this rate i'll be having past 15,000 mi. mark by year one. So I'm thinkin of buyin another car a used one. thinkin of nissan altima, or honda civic, or 240sx but then i cant drive that in the snow and i can hardly drive my ms3 in the snow, maybe it'll be better with snow tires next year. I did my own pinstripping on my ms3. I hope u guys wont think i butchered it. I dont think i butchered it, it's subtle, it just makes my ms3 "mine" and dont i have the right to do that?. That's why I want to post the pic here, i just dont want mean comments cause we're family. in a couple of days i'll post it.

btw, those cai, catback and xced access port sounds tempting. add a turbo back and that'll set you backatleast $5000, so with those it'll make our car around 350 HP? but not to the wheel though. i dont know man, i kinda dont want to start yet cause then u cant stop and i'm tryin to save money for the unexpected things in life beyond cars. hehe

Old 03-07-2007, 05:03 AM
Default RE: pic

upload.spankdu.com is what I always use.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 PM

thanks dude, that site is straight forward. I'm glad I asked. here's the pic of my car with the pinstriping that i did.

and here's the detail shot

I used two pinstriping tape, one is bigger than the other. the smaller one is on top and they split up at about 2/3 of the length of the car. I was inspired by the curves ofits body. To me it looks like how the smoke would look like in the wind tunnel. They body cuts through the wind decreasing the drag coefficient. I can always regress to a clean look, maybe when I get my tints. or it might look better with the tint.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 PM

Not a big fan of the pin striping...That was late 80'2 early 90's to me.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:49 PM

looks nice though

Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 AM

it's not your average grandpa's car pinstripe though. I stayed away from doin just a straight line. I might change it to dark grey or silver. thanks

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread