Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Default RE: pic

If t makes any difference to you I am not a fan of graphics of any sort and would'nt consider anything other than a 'Zoom' draped over the hod and side. I'm just not into that stuff at all. And still i look at your pinstriping job and I think it looks pretty good. At first i said WTF did you do !?!?! Now i'm starting to like it, sepecially with the though given to the body detail's influence. What if it were thicker and of varying thickness, of course varying influenced in the same manner. Possible even more adding to this. I'm not sure, but maybe i'll spark some imagination and you'll come up with something you'll love.

I give you a 4 out of 10.
Decals automatically lower your score to 5 since i prefer the sleeper and untainted paint looks.
So in reality you get a 4 out of 5 and that's pretty effin good. =)
Nice car,

Old 03-08-2007, 12:17 PM

Bought a Sunlight Silver Mazdaspeed 3 on February 17th with 54 miles on the odometer. I love the car and everything about it. I was instantly sold as soon as I sat down in the driver's seat for the test drive.

This car is great, handling is amazing and how quick it is..that's justamazing too. My only complaint about the car is that it doesn't play MP3 discs. But oh well...I can live without that considering everything else the car has.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Brand new here. Hoping to pick mine up tonight......Cosmic Blue Sport.......trading in my 03 Mach 1 Mustang. Although it pains me some to do so, the Mustang has become a love-hate relationship. The engine is and has always been fantastic but too many other small problems popping up all the time and I've just gotten fed up with the overall quality of the Mustang. Haven't driven the S3 yet and I'm guessing it's not quite as rip-snortin as theMach but should be very close. I'll add my 2c soon.

Did anyone get their S3 windows tinted at the dealer? I can't recall seeing any pics with tinted windows.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeMS3

If t makes any difference to you I am not a fan of graphics of any sort and would'nt consider anything other than a 'Zoom' draped over the hod and side. I'm just not into that stuff at all. And still i look at your pinstriping job and I think it looks pretty good. At first i said WTF did you do !?!?! Now i'm starting to like it, sepecially with the though given to the body detail's influence. What if it were thicker and of varying thickness, of course varying influenced in the same manner. Possible even more adding to this. I'm not sure, but maybe i'll spark some imagination and you'll come up with something you'll love.

I give you a 4 out of 10.
Decals automatically lower your score to 5 since i prefer the sleeper and untainted paint looks.
So in reality you get a 4 out of 5 and that's pretty effin good. =)
Nice car,
Thanks mike. I value your opinion cause it was nicely said. thanks to the other people who commented too. believe me, this is as far i go with body decals. I just want to leave the people who try to underestimate my ms3 with the remnant of ms3's red stiching as I blast past them.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

i am doing research and am interested in buying a speed3. i have a couple of questions.
1. is it reliable.
2. does it eat alot of gas.
3. is the car quiet and smooth inside the car.
4. is the engine noisy.
5. is the quilty of the car as good as a 06 civic si?
6. does the car leak oil and gas?
7. is it easy to drive like a civic si?
am very interested in the car so any feedback would be great.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Tonight on the way home I rolled 1,000 miles so it is difficult to really answer all of your questions, but let me try:

(1) Reliability - I purchased the 7-year/100,000 mile extended warranty. I probably wouldn't have made that same choice with an SI. In my opinion, turbo's are automatically more suspect for problems.

(2) MPG -On the first three tanks of gas we are getting 22-23 mph and I expect about 30 on the highway. The SI will probably do much better, but the performance difference is drastic.

(3) Quiet/Smooth - I am amazed at how smooth the car/engine is. There is more road noise than my Tundra (a very quiet ride) and I think the SI I test drove was a bit quieter. The only time the exhaust is loud is around town under compression. I am very satisfied.

(4) Engine Noise - Much less noise than the 07 SI that I test drove. The SI really got loudabove 6,000 rpm.

(5) Quality vs. SI -I don't think you can pick against an SI for quality, but the Speed 3, actually the Mazda 3, seems to be the most car for the money. The seats in the SI were slightly better, but overall I like the Speed 3 better. It comes back to performance and there is no comparison.

(6) Leaks - Not that I have noticed. It seems to runa bit rich (black tail pipe) and it stinks up the garage, but no leaks noted so far. No new car should leak.

(7) Drive like an SI - The two actually drive fairly similarily, the biggest difference is the Speed 3 always has torque available so you don't have to work the gearbox to get performance. The clutches felt similar and I thought the SI's steering wheel felt a bit too small.

Keep in mind that the torque difference is about 100 lb-ft so the Speed 3 will put a smile on your face. I wouldn't pay the extra for an SI over the standard, and the Speed 3 was an easy choice compared to the Mazda 3.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:41 AM

Randomness but here's my new rims...20's...I think it's a three in lip...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSC00239.jpg

Old 03-11-2007, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: civic_06_si

i am doing research and am interested in buying a speed3. i have a couple of questions.
1. is it reliable.
2. does it eat alot of gas.
3. is the car quiet and smooth inside the car.
4. is the engine noisy.
5. is the quilty of the car as good as a 06 civic si?
6. does the car leak oil and gas?
7. is it easy to drive like a civic si?
am very interested in the car so any feedback would be great.
Honestly I didn't even think about looking at the Si because it is not near the performance class as the Si, but as for entry level performacne cars I rank the MS3 over the Si. The honda has it's reputation under it.

If you are looking for a performance that is INCREDIBLY easy to drive go for the MS3, if you are looking for comfort, the MS3 is VERY comfortable and I love getting into mine. It is a highly saught after ride once people drive them. I literally test drove one just to see and the very next day I traded in my 2000 Prelude SH (one of my dream cars) for this thing. You are getting MUCH more room than the Si, 4 doors, MORE power/torque, limited number car, cheaper, and just get a warranty and everything is covered.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:53 AM

i have an 06 si coupe and an interested in out of the factory forced induction. Thats why i am leaning towards the speed3. I always loved the hatchback look. The civic is a nice car but the power is not there without going aftermarket FI. I just went to the mazda dealership today and they were fresh out of the speed3. At this deealership they were so deperate to sell me a car that they were practically begging me to drive their cars. The salesman showed me a used speed6 and i didn't like it.It seems like the engine was noisy. I kept on hearing a loud tapping noise from the motor. I know motors make that noise but that one was very noticiable from about 15 feet away. that is with the hood closed to.
the civic si gave me only 230-240 miles on a full tank. I hate this because i would like to get this kind of milege with a faster car. I want to trade in my si for a mazdaspeed but donot want to pay 500 bucks a month. i would like to get the gt model with navigation. I was wandering if the navigation is hard to use. is it easy like the civic navigation? and again i love the looks of the speed3.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:21 PM

you wont pay 500 a month and you will get more the 240 mi on a full tank of gas i get 270 to 285 depending on how im driving.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread