Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

ORIGINAL: mazdasleep3

yeah i know daylight is better, u can see the cops and if they're hidden i got radar/laser detector. hahaha it saved me like 5 times. On some instances i was above leagal, heard it "cop beep", i slowed down, on other instances I was about to accelerate, heard the "cop beep", I didnt go for it. other beeps are for constructions, traffice lights and garage doors hehehe they set off my detector, but not if i press a button.
radar/laser detector = speeding tickets

I think that the majority of people that have them use them as a license to speed and once pulled over warnings are rare. They can be helpful, but in my experience your vision is better than any detector.

Have you ever gone 150 mph? Personally, I got a bit uncomfortable with how fast things were going by about 140 mph. TheCamaro was doing fine (rock solid), I just started to have a better appreciation for speed.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:11 PM

On my sport bike on a track I have seen 135+ and it gets hairy because stuff is whizzing by you, and you have virtually NO reaction time.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:04 PM

150+ in my car was attained remarkably quick. On an elevated concrete interstate with all the inherent bumps, early Sunday morning by myself, the car still felt stable. Was able to get up to that speed, then immediately down without seeing any car in both directions. THIS WAS DANGEROUS.

It's ironic to me that I've gone faster in the MS3 than any other car I've owned, considering the pedigree and price of the other cars. Obviously, I am very impressed with the capabilities of this car. I implore you other MS3 owners to acknowledge that without causing any accidents. OK, I did it and will never do it again.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 PM

As long as you don't endanger anyone buy yourself or a willing passenger I have no problem with going fast. I'm sure the MS3 will go 150 mph and handle very well. Given an empty road I would probably be happy cruising 100 mph all day.

What is the most powerful car you have ever driven? I owned a 2000 SS Camaro that was significanly quicker and faster than the MS3 and my wife's coworker let me drive his Z06. I didn't drive it hard, but it was obvious that it was faster than my Camaro was. Both of these cars would probably go from 100-150 mph in half the time it would take an MS3.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:33 PM

Meh who cares what these other cars can do. Theres something about this car, the sight walking to it, the sound off the engine starting and purring away. The looks you get, and the occasional conversations sparked in the parking lot. of course there are faster cars in the world, and probably a ton that'd give me a stiffy. But, umm sooo? lol

Nothing muscle sounds like a Ford 5.0, it's all alone and very good. I can hardly forget the exhaust note of an STI, and i'll never launch like my buddy can, with all four tearing into asphalt. Theres different kinds of cars and so there's gotta be many different best's and second best's, no? In this class the Mazdaspeed3 is top dog, and you'd be hard pressed to prove otherwise. SI's and GTI's are in it's immediate class and wow, have you ever driven them. The SI is a civic with 57 more horses, virtually no more torque and a wing.I mean really. The GTI is less practical than the others and still does'nt match ther power or handling. OOO it's got a gooey dash, oooooo. The gti has very timid looks. Not just sleeper, it's dull. The SI well, same as other civics so you like the latest gen or you don't. Mazdaspeed is'nt just about a turbo, and some big rims. It's more, it's attention to detail and an all encompassing tune. Not just some different swappable parts from the toy bin.

That's what makes Mazdaspeed Vehicles special IMO. For that reason i ask, why compare to a Camaro? If it were faster, then it'd be usefull to gauge the MS3's speed to a muscle-head. But in the other direction it does'nt help out camero talk or talk of happiness with the MS3 when you'd gone from Muscle to a SportsWagon. Just my three and a half euro.

And about the speed thing, yea. If the Speed3 was limited to 100 say. I'd still be happy. It's not the top end that impresses me. It's everything in between and how fun it is to get there. The feel of65 in a Reccomended 30 mph get off round-about and knowing that under unbridled and un-restricted track conditions you could go for more.

I'm ranting becuase i'm getting tired of things such as a Camero and a MS3 or a GT500 and an S2000 compared. It's silly. Unless the moral underdog has come out on top despite earthly boundries.

<breath>

Thanks for listening.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:38 PM

The reason that I use a Camaro for compairson is that is what I owned for several years. My main intent with the comparison was to show that I have run to 150 mph in a faster/quicker car and it took a lot of ground to do it. I don't think I would be willing to runmy MS3 that fast becuase I have an idea of how long it would take and how much ground it would cover. Just my way to support my opinion of the "smarts" behind going top end on an open road.

I agree that the two cars, or types of cars, cannot be compared because they are very different. I do think, however, that car at very different performance levels can be compared for certain aspects of performance.

You would be amazed at how many "rice burner dudes" wanted to race my Camaro thinking they had a shot.It seems that they thought there was a comparison to make.

I have driven a new SI and it wasn't impressive at all. I have driven my friends RSX type S and it is better than the SI but nothing compared to the MS3. I have driven a friends Prelude that is fun, but no match for either the SI or RSX. I have a cousin with a GTI, but sadly he lives in another part of the country so I will have to rely on my dad's comparison once he gets to drive my car.

I love 3rd and 4th gears in the MS3,I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 AM

I upgraded from a Prelude SH to the MS3 and I pretty much don't regret a thing aside from the sunroof.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:43 PM

Certainly the MS3 didn't make it to a couple of magazine top ten or all-star lists for no good reason. It is a complete package.

I stated I've gone faster in this car than any other car I've owned. Those other cars include the current 04 BMW645Cic, and former M-B's including 05 & 06 SLK55 AMG's, an 03 E500 and 92 SL500. When I want to go for a ride, it's a tough choice between the BMW and MS3. Usually, the MS3 is the choice.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Be carefull of those rice burners though. I've had two or three surprise me. And i know for fact that there are two guys who run around this area togther, one is a civic and the other a crx, and bother are streetlegal and running low12's. That's pretty good, especially when the things really do look rice and sound horribly rice loud.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:26 PM

Yeah, some idiot backed into my brand new ms3 in a parking lot the other night, have no clue who, probably never will. My deductible is a grand, so it might take me a month or two to get it fixed... I am so pissed off right now, you guys (in Cartman's voice) [:@]

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread