Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Default RE: dings and dents

Bro it is 81ยบ here today, and I am loving it!!!!!! JUst washed the car, and ready for a cruise.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 AM

I had the opportunity to "play" with some Subaru's this afternoon. A kid friend of mine asked for a ride in the Speed and when I pulled out on the road I instantly had three friends to play with. The fun part was that the driveway is at one end of the best road in the area, less than two miles in length,complete with short straights and nice hilly curves. I thought two of them were STI but it turned out that the only one was at the back. I gave it about a 80-90% pass through and opened up quite a lead. I have no idea how much they were "pushing" behind me, but we parted with a friendly wave at the tee intersection and I suspect they might do some Mazda research when they get home. The joy that can be had on a beautiful sunny day!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:24 AM

Good to hear yall had fun. I too took advantage or yesterdays brilliant weather. First hand wash ever. Although i could not get to shade for a cool 1st wax, due to mushy ground, i was quite satisfied with our first 'intimate' experience. =) She's being parked down in the open with the GT500 brothers and the stingray. We'll see who else creeps out for a good lot'show, most will be two wheeling it.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 AM

on another note i ordered the K&N panel filter for the girl. I'm wondering if it's even the right one. Thought it listed it as the correct wehicle ( i was watching his every move). He said "I'll have it in the morning" so i think i'll swing by before work. Peace.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Just know that a K&N will provide less filtration. I had one on my Camaro and 85 Toyota truck, but won't do it again after seeing how much additional stuff shows up in the oil when running one.

I just got my MS3 back from the detail shop. I had the outside polycoated, should last close to 5 years, and the inside treated. The seats were pulled so the leather could be completely conditioned and sealed. The paint feels like glass, it will make washing it really easy.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

speed 3 brakes are amazing, a loose dog is still alive after it ran in front of me on a dark road last night. you dont realize how well the car can stop til you really need to slam on them. very impressive. nothing would have been worse then to hurt a dog and hurt my car at the same time

Old 03-26-2007, 05:25 PM

Wow, cool to see someone as compassionate about dogs as I am.....on some daysI really think more of dogs and cars than I do of the general human population, because humans, alot of the time, are responsible for the stupid things dogs and cars do........ like poor driving or a dog that hasn't been socialized properly (like mine). Just watch any of the animal precint shows on animal planet and you'll realize there are some really indifferent and cruel people in this world.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:15 PM

I am aware of the difference in the filtration. Thanks though I'm pretty brazen on that note, running straight air quite a few times for friends and once on a strip cruising night. Truth is that with a frequent oil changing regiment as what i'm used too, dust and such is'nt the most horrible thing. Of course you run the risk of small rocks potatoes and young children getting sucked down the gullet but like i said it was short times. Water....... that's another fishing trip. I'd like to know more about this 5 year job you got done to your car. What is it really?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:47 PM

All I know is that it is called a polycoat, which is a general term I know, and I have seen the cars coming out of the shop. It gave the paint a glass/wax feel. I have seen several other cars done and it seems to work. I was told to expect to wax it in about a year for looks rather than protection of the paint. I'm trying to find the website for the shop, it seems to have gone missing tonight. It sounds too good to be true, but it seems to be just that good...only time will tell.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:46 AM

I went to an autocross last sunday I saw a black ms3 running there. his time was 41.xx secs. the fast there was a civic cx 1990sbeating vipers, mustangs, bmws, etc. his time was high 36s. This Sunday I'm joining. This is at Giants Stadium in Rutherford, New jersey. Is the driver of the black ms3 in this forum? I am yet to meet and talk to another ms3 owner. This should be fun.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread