Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

ORIGINAL: blackdiamond

Hmm...I have never seen a car with something like this installed, but I don't think I could ever be convinced to have it done. I hope it works well for you, let us know how it works over the long haul.
Of course you have never seen a car with it installed...It is damn near invisible. As for the long haul, I will be able to tell you after Easter as I have to drive on dirt roads to get to my parents house...hence the reason I go it installed.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 PM

Hey i'm hoponig someone can help my in my search for a gauge pod. I want what i've seen once before. It fully replaces or covers (which i don't mknow) the smooth center area of the dash where the NAV sys would be. It's got three places for gauges and the are set towards the driver. I really like this and i can' for the life of me figure out where i swaw it or much less find it for sale. Another question would be this, should my local speed shop ba capable of installing such a thing with gauges and them actually opperate properl;y?? God knows i couldnt set up gauges myself. Any help is appreciated

Scincerly,
Longing for boost/oiltemp gauges in MD

Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 PM

I just got my new rigistration for my custom MS3 plate. The actual plates should arrive in 6-8 weeks.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:58 PM

Nice is it 'MS3'? I was thinking about it but could'nt come up with anything that would'nt be laughed at. My friends fav was 'SI THIS'

Old 03-29-2007, 11:36 PM

hey mikems3:

i think that youre looking for the Sports Meter Link System. You can find it at MAZDASPEED.com...

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...2&small=10
http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...=1&no=8686

your local speed shop should be knowledgable enough to install the guage pod for you, or, since its a mazdaspeed product, you could have your local mazda service center take care of it for you.

ps if you are going to buy the guage pod, double-check to see if it will fit in the MS3, not just the 3i/3s.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:09 AM

Thanks Lupae but unfourtunatly that's not what i've seen. It was in a video of the Speed3, even showing the boost. it was molded and covered the entire area in the center with gauges facing the driver. I may look into this one but according to that site it's $1400? I'll be looking around for that holy grail of mine.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:43 AM

The plate is "MS3" just like the car. My second choice was "SPD 3" and third was "SPD-3" but I prefer to not have any reference to "speed" on the plate unless I get pulled over. Automatic ticket in my opinion. Sadly, "SPEED3" was already taken.

I once saw a Viper with "BYBYCOP" on the tag.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:16 AM

Now that spring's here and I got mazda fever I had to put my ms3 back on the road a couple weeks earlier than I had planned. But wow-it's been a long winter driving the CRX and Explorer and it feels good to be back. I took her out cruising yesterday and not much really on the road except ( a lot) police and couple of pussies. I tried to play with a celica but he backed off a little too soon for my taste- I hate celicas but I just wanted someone to play with regardless if they are fast or slow..Last season I've played with WRX and the STI, which the STI owner is a friend, but really found the WRXs to be stand off ish-it must be fear. I'm interested to see how the MS3 does with my brother's 540 modified (dinan )wagon once thats back on the road.....I'm may have to catch that one on video....I can't wait till I get my CAI in....

On the topic of custom plates I wanted to get professional plates (redlinern was taken and i'm afraid anything else would be a pull me over sign). On one hand it be nice to have professional plates so maybe cops don't pull me over as frequently and have to wait to come up the window before I tell them I'm a nurse and on call to the OR ... on the other hand when I'm driving with attitude I don't want to be recognized as easily and a street racer RN doesn't sound like it goes with my scope of practice....I think custom plates are nice-some can be cop bait....

Also, I'm looking for a nice gauge pod too-when I find some nice ones I'll share my findings

Old 04-02-2007, 07:37 PM

Hi all. I'm new here. I got myMS3 inmid-January. I live in the suburbs of Boston. New England wintery daysmade my MS3 virtually useless, with 2 or 3 inches of slush or snow on the roads - plows weren't out very early. I bought a separate set of Blizzak WS-50's on separate alum. wheels (Sport Edition D5) they look GREAT... but since I got them... no snow. Do any of you have experience driving your MS3 in snowy conditions? Withwinter tires or the OEM tires? I hope to see a BIG difference in traction next time it snows... (invested $1006. for the set via TireRack.com).

Incidentally, does anyone know where I may be able to get replacement center caps for(aftermarket) Sport Edition wheels - replacement caps that have the "Mazda" logo instead of the gloss black "Sport Edition" logo?

Looking forward to threading with you all...

Old 04-02-2007, 11:13 PM

WELCOME! I also have the mica black.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread