Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

I wouldn't use that strong of a language, as to call someone an idiot. It all depends on market, and how bad you want it. Maybe the people in your part of the country don't now (or care) about this car. If the dealers in Cali have a strong demand, and are getting 2k over sticker, what would you do? You can easily spend that much money traveling to another state to buy a car. My friend just got back from Tampa and said he saw 3 in 1 day. So, apparently they are selling well there too.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:19 PM

i LOVE the new speed3 (more than the speed6)
and i wudnt b surprised if they mark it up
cuz only 5000 are coming to the US this year... so demand is high

if the speed3 was out when i got my car in July.. i wudda got it. UGHH[:@]

Old 12-09-2006, 07:46 PM

If I understand correctly, the 5000 is for all of North America, not just the US. I got mine a bit below sticker. But hell I would have paid more, because in my mind, the car is actually worth more than what they are asking anyway.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:03 PM

I had a check engine light twice myself. I cleared it myself the first time (at about 400 miles), hoping it was a loose gas cap...to no avail as it was back on at 800 miles. The dealer found a code P0441 (purge solenoid valve) malfunction. The tech, a friend of mine from when I worked for Mazda, said he has seen quite a few 3s with that repair in the past, this was his first Speed3 incident however. I traded a SP23 (that replaced an '04 STI) on my Speed3 (never had ANY issues at all to return to the dealer with that car, I just let the erratic operation of the Autodown driver's window become a part of the car's personality,even though there was a countermeasure part to fix it...). I also bought an early production 3 (so early it didn't even have the 2.3 decal on the front fender) that my ex-wife still has, also an almost perfect automobile reliability-wise. I work as the service manager at an Infiniti dealer, so I drive demos most of the time, but get a chance to drive almost everything out there...I missed the velocity of my old STi, but loved the practicality and especially the interior style and quality of the 3 over the Subarus (although I miss the bitchin' staccato exhuast of the flat four...) so the Mazdaspeed3 is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered...

Old 12-10-2006, 03:54 AM

dunno Im taking it back to mazda to see whats up the cel light went off but i just dont feel the power any more I would feel it in 3rd now it just feels like resistence before I even hit 3000 rpm

Old 12-10-2006, 08:47 AM

So far, I have no problems to report. But I have only put about 400 miles on the car, so time will tell. Because I only drive it a couple days a week, everytime I get in it, it is like the first day I bought it. Pure fun!

Old 12-11-2006, 10:23 AM

I spoke too quick. I decided to drive my S3 to work this morning, and about halfway there, the CEI come on. What is going on? I filled up on Saturday, and have only driven about 30 miles since then. I am going to call now, and make the appointment to have it checked.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:34 PM

I finally picked mine up Saturday afternoon. Just realized they didn't give me wheel locks. Grr. Anyway, here's my old and new. (GTI 337 is sold)

Old 12-11-2006, 05:48 PM

did you get a gt or sport? Yeah MY cel came off then back on today have an appt with mazda

Old 12-11-2006, 08:08 PM

I dropped mine off today at lunch. They should have it ready tomorrow. They gave me a Hyundai Sonota to drive. It actually is a pretty nice car, with good acceleration, and ride quality.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread