Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

I got the boost guage off ebay actually, even came with a plastic single guage holder. I liked it best because it is backlighted with an LED, not a bulb and fits the car well. Doesn't look like a pure-add on, like the Neon SRT-4 had from the factory no less.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:58 PM

FOUND IT!!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox3oQXLaaoA<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<

That's the gauge pod i want. I and at least 1 other person tried to get the info on it. No response. I'm not sure if this is someone who custom made it or a company or it's retail but if anyone knows about this or can get the guy to comment about it rawk on baby! These gauges and CAI are must haves for me, cause i wanna see the boost and i wanna hear the boost.

ps. I've left to many comments so youtube has put in the corner for a while. When i'm finished detention i'll beg the guy.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:22 AM

OUCH!!!!! Got my first ticket last week (20 mph over). My first ticket in 22 years. LOL! The thing is, I wasn't even trying to speed. Just carelessness. Already talked to my lawyer. He thinks he can get it dismissed based on my record.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:02 PM

An oil question: What color is your oil when you pull the dipstick? My MS3 is close to 2,500 miles into the 2ndOCI (first was at 750 miles)and it seems that the oil is clear, but has something black in it that is different that the standard "dark" oil. I'm wondering if I'm still seeing some type of machine/assembly oil. Anybody else seeing this?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeMS3

FOUND IT!!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox3oQXLaaoA<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<

That's the gauge pod i want. I and at least 1 other person tried to get the info on it. No response. I'm not sure if this is someone who custom made it or a company or it's retail but if anyone knows about this or can get the guy to comment about it rawk on baby! These gauges and CAI are must haves for me, cause i wanna see the boost and i wanna hear the boost.

ps. I've left to many comments so youtube has put in the corner for a while. When i'm finished detention i'll beg the guy.
Sup Bud,

There is a guy actually on another forum that makes those. I have him quoting me on 1 right now. If all is good and he makes me one, i will forward his information.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:13 PM

Absolutely brilliant. Im excited now, w00t!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:31 PM

thats one sleek guage pod. definitely a nice and useful addition to the speed3.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:41 PM

what's up everyone

it took me a week but ive read through all this post.. i must say that i cant wait to get my ms3!

ive been shopping around and i cant seem to get the dealer to go down further than 500 below msrp. is that a good deal?

also.. ive read in other forums that i can get deals on other fees that they tack on.. which ones can be waived or elimiated?

let me just say that i cant wait to smoke some si's in this... that turbo just blew me away... i know for sure that as my first turbo.. im going to love it.. i just hope the car doesnt blow up

Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 PM

^^^^ --- TBone, well, $500 under MSRP is not bad AT ALL. Paying MSRP is not bad at all.

i live here in expensive *** cali. Galpin Mazda (biggest mazda speed dealer around), has a $3000 dollar dealer markup on speeds. So i called, Thousand Oaks Mazda, and they had no Markup.

I ended up getting my MS3 Grand Touring for $1000 under MSRP with a Free Front Bra thrown in free. I would say. Shoot for $1000 under MSRP and if you got him at $500 and he won't budge anymore, GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:09 PM

^^^ hey cashmere

im in cali too man.. and i was at galpin last weekend. they said 500 below msrp was the best they could do.. im still trying to talk them down..

but 1k below for you is awesome!! nice deal.. thousand oaks? i might have to make it a weekend trip if thats the case.. i hear some guys are getting invoice on these.. not sure if they're bs'ing or not though..

i dont think i can settle for 500 under when i know someone got more.. gotta fight them till the end!!

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread