Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

I got $400 under MSRP. I got my own GAP insurance and extended warranty through my credit union...Mission Federal.

Dealership wanted $400 for GAP, I got it for $260
Dealership wanted $1200 for extended warranty, I got it for $483

Remember...you are a customer, not being forced into anything. You have the power to walk and they don't make money unless you are happy.

Also, haggle your % too. I got 8.9% from dealer, and 6.49% from credit union...SAME PEOPLE THAT I HAD FROM DEALER!!!

Best of Luck. As for in stock my dealership here John Hine in San Deigo gets a constant stream of them

Old 04-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

tbone13,
Man,for a newb you are really makin'the rounds.
I got a message from the 24/7Mazda forums and it was from you. I get a message from here and it's from you. 2 posts on each!! Way to go, Man!!
I just found it funny, that's all. i don't mean anything by it, so please don't take my joking any other way.
Welcome to the Mazda fam, and the Mazda forums.
If you haven't signed up already, there are several others you may be interested in too.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:29 PM

LOL virgin1

yeah man.. i am totally in love with this car.. i want to be active in getting the best price and i will definitely be active on these forums... i defintely want to hook up with some of the locals for some meet n greets too.

i figure the more info the better the deal.. man.. some of these shady dealers trying to tell me that under invoice is not possible.. bunch o' crap!!

btw, for all of you in the LA area.. dont go to star mazda.. what can i say... their service sucks and i hope the lose their mazda dealership. the really old guy either needs to learn customer service or retire.. he could also learn how to smile too.

i would appreciate it if someone else can chime in and lmk what kind of deals they are getting.. im really trying for 1k under but in LA it seems like it will be tough.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

BTW: My handle on most of the other forums is bbrich57.
Check out iMazda and especially Mazda3 forums too.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: blackdiamond

ORIGINAL: CTMS3

Ughh, I just filled up tonite.......266 miles and the low fuel light illuminated.....then it took 12.3 gallons of 93 octane to fill 'er up. Math says 21.6 mpgThat's doing 70 mph on the highway, no high speed runs, and only maybe 10% city driving included, all with 87 octane. So we'll see how the super 93 octane fairs....I'm only lookin to get 25 mpg, geez!!
Make sure to run 93 for at least two or three tanks to make a fair comparison and to let the computer figure out the change. Base on the numbers, a 2 mpg increase will pay for itself.
Well, I'm runnin the high octane in the car now, first fillup registered 22.8 mpg (256 miles/11.19 gallons). Hopefully the next tank will get better.

Anyone notice the cooling fan cycling alot, like 5 seconds on, then off....5 seconds on, then off? It only does it when the climate control is on, and the A/C is set to off (heat only). Is that normal? Is that the reason the car is getting poor gas mileage?

Old 04-17-2007, 10:10 PM

If it makes you feel better, I averaged 24 mpg for the first 11 tanks of fuel with all types of driving. My last tank was in Seattle near the airport for $3.55 per gallon.

[:@]

Old 04-18-2007, 12:52 AM

hey virgin1!
your a member on mazda3forum too right??
cuz i visited that site earlier today, and saw the same avatar and sig....

Old 04-18-2007, 03:10 PM

hey guys, are there any factory to dealer incentives on the ms3? or the 3 in general? if so, where can i find this info?

virgin1: LOL again... i already posted on those before you mentioned it

man.. too many shady dealers out there.. cant a guy just get a good deal?

Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Arf i got issues. Again.

Big surprise eh? Welp i took the car in to have the bumper looked at. It's popped out under the headlamp back to the wheel well. No to badly though. I did'nt realize it till i got there but there are marks on the lower portion.....i 'touched' something. I basically broke at least one clip/fastener and the ring of plastic that it goes through. I dispise the part dept. at this dealer.it's an automall so they deal in many makes of cars. import and domestic. They were able to tell the guy in front of me the pricing and availibilty as well as install steps for his wifes 2006 suburban's rear floor mats and side mirror assembly. I'm up and ask for a price on the OEM tires for my car, and they can't even come up with the size. So I have to go out and get it come back, wait in line again, jsut for them to take the size and take 15 minutes in the back to come back up with a price. Un effin believable. Anyway.... not only do i have ugly scrates and some stuff that'll buff on the very lower portion of the bumper, but i got a loose panel. They tell me to see a body shop. After the tech said he'd see if anything was possible other than a replacent. I call back to the part dpet. (eww) for a price on the bumper. $500ish! unpainted and no other parts included, just the skin. Ok. Well i'm emailing some toher dealers whom i've found online and linked through this site to check prices. But with shipping it'll suck too. So what i wanna know is if anyone knows where i can oem parts at wholesale prices and hopefully painted! I can bite the bullet and let soemone else install but i can't deal with this palce here, they seem to wanna give shady prices and rip you off if possible. Thanks for any help on that.

Also I had moisture in the limited slip diff...........w..t...f.. so they remedied that.

Pics will be taken here when i pick it up within the hour.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Any reason you are talking to the dealer about tires for your car? Seems like a great way to pay too much for tires.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread