Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

They did something to it to hold the end of it in it was sticking out at the wheel well about a half inch. Thinking the tech did more than he told them since it was surely simple, walked out with that, a less wet but more lubricated diff, and clean blood for free. It still is'nt in all the way. Back towards the headlamp it's out a bit but for free i can't complain on that portion. As for the scratch/scuff..... ARF man oh man i did'nt realize it was so bad till i took pics. Gonna go to my local dealer whom is great, to their body shop and see what they can do for me. Heres the horrific scenes......

As for the tires, yea i figured they would be but i was already there and inquiring about the CAI as well. Figured I'd go ahead and ask. This dealer is really really good at selling you cars and taking care of your car. The tchnicians are on point and everyone in general is offering to wipe you bottom and flush it for you too. Just when you walk into PARTS you find it's achillies heel.It's kinda like the general population in america today, if i go out onto the street and meet, greet, or talk to 10 people,i'm bound to find that at least 3 of them could'nt tie their own shoes without a ryhme and someone cheering them on.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dentinger
hey virgin1!
your a member on mazda3forum too right??
cuz i visited that site earlier today, and saw the same avatar and sig....
Yeah. Mazda3, 24/7-msproto, iMazda, MazdaWorldforums..... and I can't even rememebr the others. The list goes on and on....

Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 AM

has anyone heard of "x-pricing"? i found out that a really close friend is able to get this for me and i was wondering what kind of deal i can expect. he is employed by ford.

hopefully it will be good enough so i can get the gt w/ navi.

i'm pretty excited b/ci just got approved for a decent loan too.

2 more days!!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 PM

From For'd website

Through the X-Plan, Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are allocated four personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they many give to eligible friends and neighbors to purchase discounted vehicles. Friends and neighbors are eligible for the X-Plan if they are identified and sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or retiree before visiting a dealership. Friends and neighbors wishing to participate in the X-Plan may not discuss a retail purchase of a vehicle with a dealer prior to applying for an X-Plan.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:00 AM

Godluck with the X-Plan. As a result of my employment I fall into the Ford Partnership Program. X-plan is'nt for mazda. Mazda uses the S-plan. Which is in essence the invoice price. So on alot of vehicles for mazda you could do better on your own if your good. As for the Mazdaspeed3. Heh. NOBODY would go for it. As all dealers can choice to not honor it. (ie. if they know they can get full price or more on a hot model) The Speed3 was at one time on the list of non qulifiers anyway, though it may not be now. I played around and posted much about it here before but long story short i ended up paying $500 over S-Plan. Not bad since they're competition was offering $1000 less for my trade at S-Plan plus some stupid fee. Basically goodluck on a 'deal'. moast dealers are still getting premiums. But please don't pay a premium. lol And if you can wait it's possible that there will be incentives down the road on a then year old model. Peace.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 AM

GEE YEAH!! just picked up a black gt with sirius and homelink for 6 bills under msrp...

easily breaking 100 with a twitch of my big toe..

i can hear myself now "please officer.. do you know how hard it is to not drive this car fast?"

in all seriousness, did anyone opt for the factory extended warraty or did you guys just get a 3rd party plan? im worried that all the zoom zooming ill be doing will drastically shorten the life of this car

Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 AM

I'll be selling it before the warranty is up. I kept with the standard. This car is impractical for the long haul. I can't say that i'll run it untill the wheel sfall off in 2025, i can't even say that it would get that far lol. Near warranty i'll go back to Mazda or Subaru and choose a non turbo, roomier vehicle with better mpg on 89 octane. Preferably something sub 15k prime for hauling kids and a 1 year pay off. This is my last fun car. Depressing is'nt it?

Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 PM

I have a third party plan that is the same if not better than the Mazda one and it was $700 cheaper than the Mazda one.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:55 PM

mikems3, i see your point on this car being a long term keeper. hopefully my lead foot will ease up so i dont run this puppy to the ground i am also with you on having a kid hauler that's cheap... a one year payoff would be awesome.

draconius, who do you have your extended warranty with if you dont mind me asking? all i hear about is how some of these companys are shady. also,in CA where i am, i was told extended warranties are not allowed to be sold here. i definitely want to get some sort of extended protection...as well as gap too.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:21 PM

tbone,
My GAP comes from Mission Federal Credit Union and also who I bought the Mechanical Breakdown Coverage from.
http://missionfcu.com/auto_insurance.aspx

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread