Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

You guy's are nutz buying those silly extended car warranties......if you really think the car needs that, you shouldn't have bought the car in the first place. Spend the money on speed parts instead!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: CTMS3

You guy's are nutz buying those silly extended car warranties......if you really think the car needs that, you shouldn't have bought the car in the first place. Spend the money on speed parts instead!
I have ti agree. In general, most extended warranties are not worth the paper they are written on.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:30 AM

Agreed.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:59 AM

I've had mine since November, AND I LOVE IT! I've got the Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake, but it's not installed as of yet. I'd love to have some sort sort of rally for us MS3 owners. Not to many of us.

I guess we are the best of the best!

Old 04-21-2007, 11:28 AM

I NEVER buy entended warranties on anything.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:31 AM

Happy to report I got out of my speeding ticket. No points on license or insurance.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats!! And, how'd you manage that?

Old 04-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: G_Rossney
I guess we are the best of the best!
The best of the best, Gracie? Let's not get carried away w/ourselves now.
There is always a faster car or a better driver right around the corner.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Yea cause remember it only takes a stage or two and a CAI/EXH to get an Neon SRT-4 to walk us. But then, it's a Neon. I want to see someone run with this car. I want to see decently priced chips and more usablle bolt on. That'll lead the way for more serious tuning and before you know it the Speed3 will be earning serious respect. It does'nt matter if Sport Compact Car calls it an apex predator. Or if anyone else does a test showing great numbers beating out cars of twice the price and stature.

**************************** WARNING! A rant follows. Though meaningfull, a rant none the less. You may want to cut your loses now and save some time for making cheese sandwiches, as the point of this post has been conveyed.*****************************

Fact is that the Civic and Neon fans along with all the filler, are'nt going to come over to something because the name has SPEED in it. How about a higher trim line than the normal 3's have now? Maybe with more power optional body work standard and other things. And promoting it's MAZDASPEED parts line with more intensity. Think of it like this, you got Subaru's Impreza 2.5i's ine sedan and sportwagon. Then a they sneak in a 'outback' sport. Then WRXtr, the WRX, the WRX sportwagon. Choices. Ranging from n/a to turbo. Enough to grab a base of customers and then offer the WRX STI and the Limited. In translate that into Mazda lingo and we're on the STI level.But neither Mazda nor Subaru are really going at the aftermarket, market. They have performance bolt ons for sale but you have to dig them up. The people selling them know nothing about it, and you certainly can't find anything extensive as Mopar's stages. We'll simply never take over ifwe can't get everyone from dad needs a reliable good mpg sedan for his work travel, through the younger gen that wants something fun out of the box, to the tuner. I do wish it for Mazda as a company, but in reality, i never want to have the ora of crap and laughs that Civics have attained. It's nutz that i respect Cobalt SS owners becasue they always seem to take they're ride seriously. All i can give em cred on it the power after some stages but still they are into it. And that's special, mazda soul special. In a world where an LX 99 2002 Civic and 400 dollars in an intake and fart can (can only mind you) make you some HAWT G rollin up in this beach, you get ladies you go .....fff....ff......faast. Seriously special. So why not try to get this group of people young and old ( i mean us here ^^) really psyched about personalizing Mazda's, even, racing mazdas and showing them. I am totally into mazda and always will be really, but it's cause i have the soul. As do most of you who post on here. But it's not as big a loyal following as the group of mindless um, groupies that others fall into.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: CTMS3

I'm sorry but I would rather pay $500 for an extended warranty that will cover anything that goes wrong (especially on a new turbo'd model...**** is bound to happen) than on speed parts making my car go faster than it already needs to go. People that are wasting their money on CAI/Exhaust/BOV?computers are pathetic. This car cannot handle anymore power. There is a reason Mazda tuned 1st and 2nd gear down. BECAUSE THE CAR CAN'T PUT IT TO THE WHEELS!!! They spin enough as is. Spinning wheels are not traction.

Seeing more and more "oh I can't wait til the CAI comes in..." blah blah blah BS lets me know that you wish to spend what you could on an EWS (extended warranty service) that you WILL need down the line.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread