Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

A very good lawyer! Cost me a few coins, but worth every penny.
ORIGINAL: virgin1

Congrats!! And, how'd you manage that?

Old 04-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

[font=californian fb][size=3][color=navy] I hate to admit it, but you do have a point. From a practical standpoint, I have to agree w/you. But always remember that these extended warranties are written by lawyers expecting most normal ppl to not read the fine print. I've known a few ppl that were able to use their warranties to their advantage, but many that never use it @ all, or have had claims denied because they don't fit the EXACT profile of the fine print. These companiesarenot out there to do you and me a favor. They are out their to make money and protect their interests... mostly, being around to sell more warranties. and retire early.

A car is a car and something new and even more wonderful is just ahead, but we mod our cars for the fun,challenge and individuality of it. We love our cars. It's a lifestyle.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: zoomzoomwannabe

As long as the lawyerdidn't cost more than the ticket, et al.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

Old 04-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, one more thought about cars, warranties, etc.
If we were really smart, we would buy the car and drive it into the ground, only doing regular maintenance. No warranties and no mods.
'Course, that would require a complete lack of passion for our cars too.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Default RE: extended warrantee gimmick

ORIGINAL: Draconius

ORIGINAL: CTMS3

You guy's are nutz buying those silly extended car warranties......if you really think the car needs that, you shouldn't have bought the car in the first place. Spend the money on speed parts instead!
I'm sorry but I would rather pay $500 for an extended warranty that will cover anything that goes wrong (especially on a new turbo'd model...**** is bound to happen) than on speed parts making my car go faster than it already needs to go. People that are wasting their money on CAI/Exhaust/BOV?computers are pathetic. This car cannot handle anymore power. There is a reason Mazda tuned 1st and 2nd gear down. BECAUSE THE CAR CAN'T PUT IT TO THE WHEELS!!! They spin enough as is. Spinning wheels are not traction.

Nah, this car could handle LOTS more power easily, as it only runs a high 13 in the quarter mile and it has a superior traction control system that could put down more power safely no problem. I don't advocate buying those cheesy CAI and/or BOV either, this car needs a chip soooooo bad it ain't funny.

On the extended warrantee gimmick, ask any auto dealer why they sell them.......it's not so the buyer is protected, it's so the dealer can splurge on a new house about every other year. I'm sure he's thinking of you when he's soaking in his new hottub!! J/K. I find it funny how spending lots of money NOW on a future repair IF LATER can be considered wise? You ever read the fineprint on those contracts?, if they pay 5 cents on a dollar I'd be shocked. They do make for a real nice hot tub I hear .

Seeing more and more "oh I can't wait til the CAI comes in..." blah blah blah BS lets me know that you wish to spend what you could on an EWS (extended warranty service) that you WILL need down the line.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:04 AM

Here's my 2 cents...

Extended Warranties - I USUALLY don't buy them. When I closed the deal with Mazda for my Speed3, they told me they had a "special" for the month of January. A $2200 "Total Care" plan for 5 yrs/100K miles was on sale for $1495. I said "no thanks". They then told me for $100 more ($1595), it would be fully refundable if at the end of the 5/100K I had never used the plan. That interested me. I could get a full refund if the car performs as designed... if not, I'm covered for virtually ANY repair, with no deductible. I said "Yes". When I got the documentation & read the fine print -- there was NOTHING aboutrefundability, as they had quoted. I called and visited the dealership and they gave me a line of B.S. The finance guy even sent me a written note on a piece of plain white paper that "certified" the plan was refundable. I couldn't even read the guy's name. I wrote to the owner of the dealership and pointed out how the publicity of a bait & switch -- especially with written evidence -- could not be a very good thing for their dealership. We agreed to a settlement -- they spilt the cost of the plan 50/50 with me - so I ended up paying $798 for the plan. It is the MAZDA USA Total Care Plan. I still hope I never have to use it.

On the other topic - "can the Speed3 handle any more power"... I am sure there is plenty margin for the tranny, clutch, etc to handle greater torque & BHP. But I still have to wonder -- when the traction control is "ON" and the wheels start to breakaway -- the rightwheel feels like it is jumping up & down off the pavement, until the wheels re-establish traction. Do ALL Speed3's behave the same way - or is it just certain ones...? I recall seeing one or two others post about this back in Nov/Dec. The wheel hop thingmakes it feel like the traction control/DSC isbroken -and it'san embarassment when you're trying to impress a passenger...

Old 04-22-2007, 02:41 AM

Meh MicaBlack i think it's the traction control reacting to us being on the thin line that comes right before you hit the "Too Much Power for FWD" mark. Yea this engine has so much potential it's silly. And the drive train can handle it. But i'd rather see a chipped and tuned Speed6, because the same on a Speed3 is'nt likely to still be running street rubbers. We all want more power but you must admit none of in our current state can handle it. Feels good eh?

On the warranty thing, man it's to easy to get bent over. In a world where most people would'nt know or even puruse retribution after a good 'bottom reaming', dealers will try it on everyone in everyway. Glad you got some of the cash back. Honestly that's wrong enough for me to say i'd have a lawyer contact them verbally and written and nudge thme into a full refund. I do alot of dumb things and am not the most highly tuned car in the pack but i DO NOT get walked on, cheated or scammed. Boo effin yah baby. ^^

Hey i took some pics of the car, not really anything yall have'nt seen before but i got on photobucket so i'll just link em in the future. I cna't get my pics embedded here.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s.../photo1086.jpg

Old 04-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Bro,

It ain't the ticket you got to worry about. It's the insurance points. That would have been a 2 pointer. Another one like that, and my insurance would have gone through the roof.
ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: zoomzoomwannabe

As long as the lawyer didn't cost more than the ticket, et al.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

Old 04-23-2007, 12:09 AM

yeah,i have no problem paying a $300 ticket for speeding like mad, but paying an extra $50 or more a month aint cool....

Old 04-23-2007, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: dentinger

yeah,i have no problem paying a $300 ticket for speeding like mad, but paying an extra $50 or more a month aint cool....
What is your point? As I said, I was not intentionally speeding. I made a mistake. This was in a rural area where the limit drops from 45 to 35 for about 2 miles. This is because it is considered "residential" even though there are only a few houses there. This was my first ticket in over 20 years. Will you EVER be able to say that?

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread