Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

SPEED3 Owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Default RE: SPEED3 Owners thread

probably not....
i had my first speeding ticket within 8 months of getting my g2, then a careless driving charge 2 months later....
but ive had no speeding tickets within 1 whole year now.... *knock on wood*..... so im happy.....

Old 04-23-2007, 01:25 PM

Sorry Bro,

I misunderstood. I thought you were trying to be a smart ***.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: zoomzoomwannabe

Bro,

It ain't the ticket you got to worry about. It's the insurance points. That would have been a 2 pointer. Another one like that, and my insurance would have gone through the roof.
ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: zoomzoomwannabe

A very good lawyer! Cost me a few coins, but worth every penny.
As long as the lawyerdidn't cost more than the ticket, et al.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

That's where the "et al" comes into play. Yeah, I know it drives up insurance rates, though fortunately not from personal exerience.
This year = 34 yrs of LEGAL driving for me. In that time... ONE speeding ticket... in the 3... and like you, I had no idea I was speeding. 4 motorcycle cops in a speed trap one warm, quiet Sunday morning.......
They broke my record. [sm=boohoo.gif]
I'd been pulled over before, but never had a speeding ticket during all that time.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 PM

i just got back from my mazda dealership, and apparently, they dpo sell the speed3's up here....
but the woman at the desk said that they are very rare... and that they've only sold 2 of em...

and then they said they'd call me when the next one comes in so i can go take a look at it!!
you think they'd let me test drive it??
probably not eh?

Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 PM

I was only able to test drive the one (the one i eventually bought) they had because of a junior guys mistake. My sales person was still with the last people and he's like wanna go fora ride, and i just about blew one on the showroom floor.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:40 PM

hEy! i am new to the forum and am seriously considering buying an ms3. it has taken me a few days to catch up on this whole thread but your guys advice has been very helpful in letting me know what i will be getting my self into. i only have a few questions for you guys.

1. I am considering getting black mica but i have heard bad things about mazda's paint. have any of the owners had any issues with their black cars? and i my self coming from a silver car, how hard is it really to take care of?

2. It seems like no more than a few of you guys got below msrp, i live in LA and Galpin and Thousand Oaks are right next to me. My dad works at Galpin, and the mazda guys told me nothing below msrp. Those of you who got under msrp, how did you do it?

3. GT or Sport?

Thanks for the help guys!!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SmilieY

1. I am considering getting black mica but i have heard bad things about mazda's paint. have any of the owners had any issues with their black cars? and i my self coming from a silver car, how hard is it really to take care of?
I own an Mz3 and I love it, butthe paint quality is less than stellar I'm sorry to say. Chips are common.
Black? Many ppl like it, but for me... I've owned one black car out of many (30?) and will NEVER intentionally do it again.
Always dirty, even when it's not that dirty. HOT!! The Mazda A/C system is not the best either, so if you live in a hot climate it will take quite a while to cool the car down.

3. GT or Sport?
The research I've done on the Ms3, I would go for the GT, inspite of leather, also one of my pet peaves. At least it's only leather trim, not the whole interior. The difference in cost and for what you get seems worth it to me. The cost of adding LED tails after the fact alone would be hundreds of $$$. Stay away from the nav. It gets no raves anywhere and cost nearly $2K ($1.7K the last I checked.) Nav, if you must have it, can be done AM much cheaper, and will be transferable to your next car.

Thanks for the help guys!!

[/quote]

Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 PM

If I could do it over again I would get the Silver (have the Red) due to color, doesn't look dirty that easy, chips are somewhat harder to see. Either way one of the FIRST THINGS YOU SHOULD DO is find a tint shop and have them put a clear bra kit on your car. I put one on mine and within 2 days it has protected me more times than I can count.

2. It seems like no more than a few of you guys got below msrp, i live in LA and Galpin and Thousand Oaks are right next to me. My dad works at Galpin, and the mazda guys told me nothing below msrp. Those of you who got under msrp, how did you do it?

I got $200 off for a scratch (wasn't actually a scratch) and $200 more off because I fought for more from my trade in.

3. GT or Sport?

I have the sport. The only thing I would like more is the in dash 6 disc changer, trip computer, and iPod interface. That is all that I would want further.

best of luck in your travels. If you want to travel down to SD, John Hine is where I got mine and they keep getting more in stock so you can use that as a barganing chip.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:34 PM

I paid five hundred over, to the dealer that offered me more for my trade than the previous. Basically MSRP is what they're holding too. As some still are asking a premium. If you're in the market for this 'type' of vehicel than @ MSRP this car is a bargain. Goodluck and I hope you don't pay anymore than you want to going in.

Gt-Sport? The HID's, LED's, and leather were things i'd wanted on my next vehicle for a while and so getting those and other things for the price seemed like a good idea. Had it had HID's and LED's on the sport with maybe some other luxury's in the GT i's be a sport atm. So it was mainly the fact that the price diff is so small for what you get. Yea, GT ^^

Color's well Arrest me red was out for obviously BOLD reasons, and the black as stated before get's dirty. I've lived with sunlight silver for 3 years and CosmisBlue was a Mazdaspeed3 ONLY color. Note than i know someone whom has ordered a Mazda3 GT and ordered it painted in CosmicBlue. It is possible and they will do it. But it's a request thing so looking at the pallet's you won't get the choice. I was tweaked to hear that btw.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:58 PM

I just spoke with Jennet from K&N who verbally convinced me to propose to her...... well.... she was nice is what i mean. Um of course they have the drop in for the Speed3 but no word yet on the release of the other items. She did agree that since it's not in the listing for'car's needed' and they have done everything for all the other 3's and such that it should either be something they are going to start soon or that it is in a production stage. Shortly said, it's comming, hold on. I'm particularly interested as i'm willing to bet a case of Sam Adam's that it'll be cheaper than Mazdaspeed's product. Warranty should'nt be an issue according to Mazda unless of course it causes hydro lock or something directly linked to the intake device. I'm on the list to get an email including product release date, and part numbers and all for the Speed3. You can do the same by either filling out the form here>> http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx or by calling (800) 858-3333 or (951) 826-4000.I figure if enough people show interest they may bump it ahead of other products if it has'nt been started already. Peace.

Quick Reply: SPEED3 Owners thread